Friday, July 17, 2009

My Peachtree "Cheating" Story

My Peachtree “cheating” story: Back when I used to qualify every year for Time Group One (not a hard task back then), I was able to cross the start line less than a minute behind the Kenyans. One year as I passed all my SPdL friends at the two mile mark, young Chris Irwin, saw me and shouted “How’d you get in the front? Cheater!” Hey, I earned it!

Another Facebook story…the other night I swapped quips with Jeff Schultz, regarding the degrees of separation between the Beatles, Wings, McCartney, Michael Jackson, and McCauley Caulkin. Guess you can throw Elvis in there.

Will says several of his teammates and opponents are trying to line up an even stronger “non East Cobb” team for next year. They just need the coaches to sign on.

The game tonight: All the Maddux stuff should be interesting, although he’s pretty low key. The luncheon would be fun if he told some stories, though many of his wouldn’t be so family friendly, I hear.

Just about got everything ready for the trip…with my customer being shut down the last 3-1/2 weeks, and limited activity next week, I’m as caught up as I’ve been in 1-1/2 years. Working late every night has helped. When I return it will be busy again, I’ll be behind, and there are still several projects and reorganizations that have yet to begin. One team member continues to disappoint and underperform. I’ve given him warnings, but he just doesn’t get it. I think the Ogre understands that if he lays off the slacker, he will need to be replaced. One replacement he has in mind would be a good fit…good with details and following up.

It was easy to write when it was just me and Will in Knoxville, but perhaps harder with the whole family in tow. Or not.

No comments: