Monday, September 10, 2012

Favorite Active Athletes

Talking the other day about who my favorite active athletes are, so naturally I made a list. Most are good guys, but not all of them.

Derek JeterJeter is like Chipper.
Calvin Johnsonmost talented receiver ever. Sports Illustrated just predicted that he would break Jerry Rice’s records.
Peyton Manninghilarious in advertisements
Kris Medlin
Chipper Jones
Mike Troutseems to be the real deal, could win ROY and MVP.
Eli Manningplays the little brother role well.
Tiger Woodsmakes golf worth watching, though I wonder if he’ll ever make it all the way back.
Kevin Durantreally don’t know enough about him, but I wanted to pick a basketball player. Almost picked Kobe for his competitiveness.
Maria Sharapova…I like her too. Hated that she lost in the Olympics. She tweets a lot.
Lexi Thompson…good article several months ago in SI.
Jeremy Lin…I hope he comes back strong. I love him, and probably should’ve included him.
Jeff Francouer…great guy, great arm and defense, which I like. Gets a lot of press, for being in KC.
Matt Kuchar…good guy. He seems to be in the thick of things most of the time.
Hope Solo…I like her as well.

There are many more: Bubba Watson, Albert Pujols, Rory McElroy, Justin Verlander, Martin Prado, R A Dickey, that pitcher for the Mariners, Ichiro, Andrew Luck, Kobe. I could go on and on.

No comments: