Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Home Alone

Friday they kicked us out of work at 4 pm. Perfect timing for me to drive to Crabapple to pick up Matthew from a sleepover. C and A had just gone shopping, so M and I had the house to ourselves for a while.

Saturday I drove the van over to Duluth to get the oil changed. They had changed it before, and had stopped a leak with a hard to change plug. Also dropped a donation off at Goodwill, got new windshield wipers, and stopped by Kroger. Back home we had the bowl games on, but I didn't pay much attention to them. Took a nap and did laundry. I wasn't feeling good enough to brave the cold to hear Joel Norman sing at land of a Thousand Hills, but C, A, and M went. Ceil hung out with Becky. The Hurts were there, but stayed inside.

Same on Sunday. Watched a little of the Falcon game, but not much. Another nap. C, A, & M took a sweater back to Perimeter Mall, then drove downtown to eat with her brother and nieces at Mellow Mushroom. I watched some of the Cowboys/Redskins game. Will returned from his NYC trip.

Monday I really didn't want to battle the bowl parade traffic and cold weather, so Will took Anna and her friends. I did more laundry, and settled in to watch the Sun Bowl. Matthew went over to a friend's to cook ribs. Ceil said they were delicious. Anna was at a sleepover, but the rest of us watched Clemson come back and beat LSU, then watched the ball drop. Will and I were the first ones to go to bed.

I finally started feeling better on New Year's Day. Watched ESPN College Game Day, then the UGA game. Ceil cooked lasagna, then Will left for the Passion Conference around 1:30. He, Joel, and Kevin and staying down at DJ's bachelor pad. Ceil went to get Anna, and took our dog. Then they wanted to see Les Miserable's, so I had to drive to North Point to get the dog. I wasn't crazy about the Rose Bowl, but I did watch some of the Orange Bowl. 11 pm came quick.

No comments: