Tuesday, March 17, 2020

St. Patrick's Day

 In honor of St. Patrick's Day: photos from a happier time.
Finally broke out my clearance sale Stance St. Patrick's Day MLB baseball socks, which don't appear to look the same on me than they do a real baseball player.
Fascinating, huh? Socks.
Should've paired them with my green-trimmed PF Flyers.
Jameis Winston might be worse than his record attests. But if no one signs him will it be called racism? NFL teams discriminate against quarterbacks who throw interceptions.
 

Be ready for an October Masters.
 
Monday: worked until almost 6 pm. All of a sudden busy. Gassed up on the way home. M made himself a grilled turkey & cheese sandwich. C cooked up beef tips and rice, and tossed a salad. Watched Bob Loves Abishola and The Neighborhood. The Neighborhood was about youth basketball. Dave’s son couldn’t play well, so Cedric the Entertainer made him be the Lambeer type – fouling the other team’s best player as hard as possible.
 
Then a Hallmark movie. I was playing on my laptop and talking on the phone. Instead of giving me “The Look” Barney poked my leg to tell me he needed to go outside right then. He did.
 
Also started a new Hinge Health program to help with my hip pain. They sent me a small Amazon Fire reading tablet, so I played with that awhile.
 
In Memphis I watched some of that WWE with Lang. Good stuff. Told him about meeting Tony Schiavone, the former wrestling announcer who is now the voice of the Gwinnett Stripers.
 
On Saturday Ceil and I were working outside. She had Barney. We walked over to talk to neighbors. Our next door neighbors are from Peru: with four young boys. The oldest was shooting baskets – he’s a lefty, which can be a real advantage in basketball.  They have two goals, one on each side of the driveway. Not a very big court. Then two other neighbors came over, so we had seven adults, five kids, and two dogs. Quite a gathering for our neighborhood.
 
BILL TERRY  [SABR Bio] was the last player to hit .400 in a season in the National League  hit .401 in 1930. He did so well, they made him the manager too, just a couple of years later, a position where one tries to avoid .400. There are records of it being done twice earlier. He was the first player in the modern era to hit a grand slam on Opening Day - GS on OD = 12-Apr-1927. Some 30 other OD grand slams have been hit since his. He is tied for the most hits in a season by a National Leaguer - 254 H in 1930. Terry tied Philly Lefty O’Doul’s season mark which had been established just one year earlier.

No comments: