Thursday, April 27, 2023

Freebie Nights

Didn’t receive the Braves tickets until 4 pm. Left work pretty much immediately to fight traffic, and it was slow. Did well staying in the right lane on 285 west until I had to move over at the 400 exit near Perimeter Mall. Made it to the park by five but the parking lot didn’t open til 5:30. I retreated to a nearby shady spot to wait.

I got the four work tickets but at the late hour its always tough to find someone to go. Plus the temps were chilly and threatening to rain. Asked C if she was interested in asking friends, but she was worn out from school. I told C that I wouldn’t stay long. It was NAPA cap night, one of the games I’d wanted to attend, though I wouldn’t have if I hadn’t got the  tickets.

At 5:25 I went back and scored a close spot. Walked across the street and into the A List gate. Walked back to my car. Grabbed my Braves cap and walked further to the main Third Base Gate, then back to my car. Then even further around to the First Base Gate. Hoofed it back to the car. Ditched my Braves cap and walked back to the nearby A List gate. Got my NAPA cap and wore it to the game. Walked around to the Team Store. The entire walk took about 40 minutes and covered over 1-1/2 miles.

Selected a nice heavy $90 long sleeve tee. Got a 50% discount and sold gear for the exact amount to cover the rest. Grabbed a free Designated Driver Coke Zero and two boxes of free popcorn and settled into my seat. After the second inning I went back for free ice cream. With the pitch clock the game really does go quicker.

Got home too late to see Grizzlies/Lakers. Also missed the Carol Burnette Celebration Show. Watched a little Kings/Warriors.

This morning my legs were tired from all the walking, so I lifted weights instead of running.

Worked til 6 pm Tuesday. Stopped at Dairy Queen for a 90 cent Blizzard. As I was enjoying it I realized it was the last day to cash in my free burrito coupon at Moes. So I drove there for that. Was after 8 pm before I got home.

ARTICLE: a Masters patron saved a divot from Augusta National, and replanted it.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.golfdigest.com/story/redditor-takes-divot-augusta-national-masters-deletes-account__;!!AE29DT8V!VYVC9614fO8Hw7qow7fQgLdrzee4ot6fB82W98a9-FUvjrtBLiyo4dpeshe2eZzaFL3VILFgvPm9j8erQQU$

DON MINCHER   [SABR Bio] hit the first double at the Wrigley Field (in Los Angeles) on 27-Apr-1961. He was the only major leaguer to play with both Washington Senators franchises, on three professional teams. Mincher was on the Washington Senators team that moved to Minnesota. He then came back to the second incarnation of the Senators that became the Texas Rangers. On 09-Jun-1966, five Twins batters homered in one inning (Rich Rollins, Zoilo Versalles, Tony Oliva, Mincher, and Harmon Killebrew). All were solos except Rollins’.

DON LARSEN   [SABR Bio] was the first Baltimore Orioles pitcher to lead the majors in pitching losses. Larsen’s record in 1954, the team’s first year in town, was 3-21. He pitched for the White Sox in 1961. He hit a grand slam on 22-Apr-1956, (possibly his second best day on the diamond that season). Larsen threw out the ceremonial first pitch at the game where David Cone threw a perfecto on 18-Jul-1999.

No comments: