Thursday, April 18, 2024

Anna's Adventures

Anna just got her Honda back from being repainted. It had been peeling really bad. Odd for a 2017 car. 

Last weekend Anna went skiing with Caleb and Emily.

GT kicker Gavin Stewart is entering the transfer portal. Had a shaky freshman season, then got beat out last year. Saw on social media where another kicker booted a 62 yarder in Saturday’s scrimmage, so Stewart’s days were numbered anyway. I just want a consistent kicker who makes all hiss PATs and doesn’t miss the chip shots. Is that too much to ask?

In high school my high kickoffs consistently came down on the 10 yard line. If asked I could direct my kickoffs away from dangerous return men, left or right. But in preseason practice my pal Ricky Kurtz had ONE of his low kickoffs land one yard deep in the end zone – so the kickoff job was his. Problem was that Ricky was also a starting offensive tackle, so often in games many of his kickoffs were shanked. After a couple of games the job was mine. Same thing happened before the next year, with the new coaching staff. Same result. 

The Stripers have a few giveaways lined up, but it takes so long to get out there and costs so much, I’m not sure it’s worth it.

HGTV is giving away a “smart” home here in East Cobb, behind Sprayberry high school. Contest starts tomorrow.

Today: Ruby Tuesday had a burger, tots, and salad bar deal for nine bucks, so I bit. Wednesday I had a brisket sandwich at Arbys, which was just okay.

Left for the airport at 820 am. Took an hour. Right before we left I found Ceil’s passport on the shelf. She had packed her old expired passport. Now I am a bachelor for the rest of the month.

On the way home I stopped by three thrift stores. Bought a nice navy fishing shirt and a crazy Christmas suit. John Roma would be proud.

Finally got home to work the rest of the day. Set up my computer and two monitors and got them to work, so I am set. I’ll work from home the next 2 weeks to keep Winnie company. Now I gotta walk Winnie. 

Zaxbys. Can’t get C to go there, but I like it. Zalads used to be bigger than they are now.

The white bunkers at Augusta National are actually a fine quartz, mined northeast of Asheville in Spruce Pines, where Ceil once attended an art camp.

https://www.southernliving.com/augusta-national-bunker-sand-white-8613052?utm_campaign=southernliving_southernliving&utm_content=link&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com

TOM GLAVINE [SABR Bio] was the National League player representative during the 1994-95 players' strike. Starting in 1991, Glavine served as the Atlanta Braves team representative to the Major League Baseball Players Association, succeeding former NL MVP Dale Murphy in the position. He is the only pitcher to win 20 or more games in a season three times without tossing at least five complete games in any of those seasons. Glavine led MLB in wins in 1993, 1998, & 2000 with 22, 20, & 21 yet could only manage 4 CG in each of those years. He once broke a rib vomiting on a team flight, as reported in Sports Illustrated, (Air & Space), 20-Jun-2005 issue.

No comments: