Saturday, June 29, 2024

Braves Pirates

Scored some last minute Braves tickets on Friday afternoon. Left work at 4:45 and stopped by Taco Bell, then took Spaulding pretty much to Heards Ferry then over to the ballpark, a peaceful tree lined drive of an hour. 

With pretty of time before the game started, I headed to the team store. Not a long line to get in. My first time inside since it was renovated. Saw an usher wearing a bucket cap, and it didn't look good. Still its on my bucket list to get one. One day. Glad I passed. 
Finished my circumnavigation of the ballpark. Since I hadn't known I was coming, I wasn't wearing Braves gear. Grabbed my old spring training cap from the car, and decided to sign up for a free "This Is Braves Country t-shirt at the Chevrolet booth to wear. Also a free designated driver Coke and free popcorn underneath the stands. Made it to my seat before first pitch.
I had forgotten to snap my obligatory sneaker photo at the last two games I attended, but I remembered this time. Said hello to Uber Fan Howard Evans, past president of the Braves 400 fan club. Saw Norman as well. I rarely attend Friday night games. This would be the largest attendance of the season, with over 42000 in attendance.
Certainly didn't need ANOTHER Braves cap, but made a good choice snagging a New Era 9Fifty camo snapback. I'd had a camo Braves cap before before Winnie ate it. Here in the South, every Braves fan needs a camo cap. There were two camo caps to choose from.


The other camo did look more country, but the green tomahawk and 30th anniversary logos were a turnoff (above). The lightweight mesh back will be cool in summer, and perfect for the beach. And I am able to curve the brim.
Austin Riley pouned a home run, 
Ozuna pulled a bases loaded double into the left field corner to clear the bases.
Adam Duval broke an 0-15 spell with an RBI double. And I got the free ice cream.

Usually the Braves lose when I attend. Guess since it was last minute, they didn't know I was there.

So now I've made it to games in April, May, and June. Not sure about July, but I kinda want to make it back in August for the Chickfila Cow bobblehead, and in September for the replica City Connect jersey and Ludacris bobblehead.  

No comments: