Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Virginia

When our Virginia friends were here on New Year’s Eve both Ceil and I separately said 2008 could be the year we go spend a few days with them. I had just begun to formulate the idea over the holidays. We’d stay with them in Virginia and spend the days in Washington. When we did our budget, we doubted if we could still go. I had forgotten about the new park until my friend reminded me.

She was Ceil’s roommate and best friend in Columbia when they were single. He was an accountant until he joined the government. He’s a lot like me detail wise, but whereas I’m into sports, he’s into home repair. He seems like he would work on the house all weekend as opposed to going to his kids games. Their 15 year old son is a lot like Will, in personality and athletically. Both love Clemson. His roommate in Columbia was our former NP small group leader...who travels a lot and often visits them. When we went to Washington a few years ago, he was good about getting everyone up early and out the door to see the sights. It’ll be tough to get early starts if we go.

I was adding to a report today and realized the numbers weren’t right. Also, my boss had said he would look into something, then I figured out an easy way to find out for him. I forwarded him the entire email showing how I found out, and copied Damon because it involved him. My boss wasn’t pleased.

This whole hiker story brings back Jenny memories…fortunately we don’t listen to the news very much.

Like changing batteries when the time changes, I need to check my credit reports as well. Since they extended daylight savings to longer than six months, that’s not the best time to change batteries now, huh?

The BCS was watchable because I don’t like the Buckeyes, but I was in and out. After everyone went to bed I was flipping between the game, Seinfeld, MASH, and Letterman being shaved.

No comments: