Thursday, September 25, 2008

Gas Lines Brings Out the Worst in People

Tuesday evening I met Ceil at the East Piedmont Publix to swap cars. Then I helped Will with his shooting again, waiting for Anna’s ballet to end. The van needed gas, but at the Lower Roswell QT cars were backed up onto the 120 Loop. The QT at 41 & Allgood was in similar shape, and the Scufflegrit QT was out of gas. So I decided to take the van to work Wednesday, just to get gas.

Since I had to take Will to the Normans I got a later start, and the Shell next to Centennial High was already crowded at 7 am. I had a short wait, then as I was backing in to a pump, a big black SUV cut me off…a high school kid. I kept backing up to make a point, and he honked at me. I was able to secure the pump on the opposite side, but the teen stayed in his SUV while the gas pumped.

Monique and the CPA also had recent run-ins while in line for gas.

No comments: