Sunday, January 28, 2018

Chop Fest Day Two

Day one of Chop Fest was so good, I decided to go back for more.
From day one below, to kick things off at 10 am the players paraded out across the bridge (top left) and assembled in the Battery common area.
Panoramic view from the Xfinity Rooftop balcony (L-R): the ballpark,
the children's play area, the newly opened Omni Hotel, the Comcast building with the whiffleball field in front, and The Battery.
Today I rode a cart from the Delta lot, and went straight to the Delta Sky360 Club to see what players were appearing. The underground walkway has been spruced up, since fans are always trekking down there to the exclusive clubs and also for parades around the field.
I'm no expert,
but I suppose the white helmets, shoes, and bats must constitute art.
Today's offerings:
spinach dip, nachos, two types of wings, eclairs, and cookies.
Earlier that morning I had missed one of the few players
I would've wanted to get a photo with: Ozzie Albies.
Since I'd met Snitker and Acuna yesterday, I headed upstairs.  
 I had also met Sutton and Camargo yesterday, so I headed to the second level to see Hall of Famers Schuerholz and Niekro.
The new Omni Hotel opened earlier this month. The pool and deck chairs look ready to go. Yesterday I saw guests out on two of the balconies.
Looking west down at The Battery toward Cobb Parkway.
Tomorrow we're eating at El Felix,
the bright red light in the center of the photo below. 
Former Braves GM John Schuerholz posed for pictures inside the Xfinity Rooftop. Then I hoofed it over to line up for Phil Niekro.
Down one level Chip Carey was interviewing new GM Alex Anthopoulos.
While waiting the hour to see Niekro I edited pictures and deleted emails.
I skipped the 1 pm selfies with the players to be second in line.
At 2:10 we learned Niekro had to leave, and wouldn't appear. He had been downstairs in the selfie line. Perhaps he'd had too much of the cold.  
I hustled over to the que for the Braves fashion show.
The latest offerings at the Braves Clubhouse Store.
Prizes were promised but my name wasn't drawn.
Later new mascot Blooper made an appearance,
grabbing Kelsey Wingert from the audience and stealing her jacket.
Then Blooper showed Kelsey how to walk the runway.
This family modeled the new line of Blooper merchandise. 
 Meanwhile Ceil and Barney were in Athens visiting Anna.
 Friday the bobbles were outside at The Battery.
Barney and Anna

No comments: