Sunday, May 06, 2018

May 4th Braves Jerseys

Last month I had an idea for a photo essay: interesting jerseys worn by fans at Braves games. Friday night I snapped bunches of low-quality pictures on my camera phone, so many that I'm splitting them into two installments:
(1) Braves and (2) Giants. There will be a little bleed over.
Friday was Ronald Acuna's first regular season home game at SunTrust Park, the first since he chose his number, and the first since officially-licensed Acuna merchandise was available.
So sure enough, there were several sightings of Acuna swag. 
I was happy to see another number 82 jersey, his spring training number. 
As always there were less-professionally done apparel.
At least this guy was on the front of the curve.
Lots of Ozzie Albies jerseys and t-shirts. 
A 2017 player's weekend jersey.
Lots of Dansby swag,
including on this middle-aged lady wearing Princess Leia hair buns.
 Extra marks for early adopter Dansby fans,
wearing Swanson's original number. 
Even more Freddie Freeman jerseys, including this spring training model.
More Freddie.
I saw a total of three green St. Patricks jerseys: this Freddie (below),
mine, and the dude I rode the escalator with.
The guy was excited to see more green.
Not my best side.
Several Hank Aaron jerseys as well, including this early-60's replica.
Lots of the early-70's jersey tees out and about.
I have one of these that I need to wear.
This photo reminded me of the Beatles Abbey Road album cover.
Nice peach melba Astros jersey on the left.
 Another nice Aaron jersey.
Interesting that a group of teenagers were outfitted in 1969 jersey t-shirts.
Excellent choice.
Kevin almost blocked my view of a Dale Murphy jersey.
Almost bought one of these at Kohls.
 Father and son. Bringing him up right.
This red late 70's batting practice jersey has become increasingly popular. Note the young Star Wars princess marching by.
 Several wear the powder blue Murphy t-shirt jerseys.
I have one of these as well.
You don't see a LUM jersey every day. Sure, Mike was number 28 back in the day. I should've asked the owner if he was related.
Not sure why anyone would want to, but you can buy these never-worn salute to the troops jerseys from China.
Another Markakis. The Georgia native is having an all-star season.
I'd like to get my hands on one of these Braves Hawaiian shirts.
 Several Chipper number 10's were seen.
This old fella wore an entire uniform.
At the super-expensive jersey personalization store
a guy in a vintage number seven Kenny Lofton t-shirt passes by.
 Not sure what WUBBA and HUBBA mean.
Both are wearing Puma sneakers.
Professionally lettered.
 Some sort of Star Wars jersey.
Lots of jerseys waiting at the Chop House Gate.
The Chief looks on.
Smoltz wore a 70's-era throwback, but never with his name on the back. And a Kimbrel jersey in the distance.
 Julio Jones is everywhere.
My Gwinnett buddy has bought several hundred dollar special edition jerseys at auction, including this Independence Day jersey and a recent Stripers Jackie Robinson Day jersey. 
Stay tuned for some of the other Giants jerseys I saw.
Uni Watch had an excellent essay today on Atlanta Braves uniform history.

No comments: