Friday, May 18, 2018

Learning Experience?


Braves: I heard early in the game with a runner on first Acuna got lazy on a deep fly ball, not getting into position before the catch to be able to make a quick throw to second, allowing the runner to tag up and advance to second. Acuna should be learning from Inciarte next to him in the outfield. Ender makes all the plays the right way, and even fools baserunners into getting caught off base. Acuna has a long way to go. Hopefully he’ll wake up soon.

Worked until 7:45 Wednesday night putting orders in. Spent Thursday morning in the plant checking on three things. Came back and was slammed with stuff until lunch. Cheeseburger Bobby’s with Mark Fallis. Lots of fun and good burger, rings, and a chocolate shake. Didn’t realize he went on the Cooperstown baseball trip that Will played in. Lots of funny stories. Came back and helped load Mark’s order into his pickup.

Busy Thursday afternoon. Was still taking care of emergency stuff at 6 pm. Then I worked for two hours trying to get caught up. With material coming in late, machines with long lead times to cut material, and delays getting stuff shipped due to lots of trucks, I’m having to plan 2-3 months ahead instead of just one. Hot shipments going from Greenville to Mobile, Anniston to Augusta, Mobile to Augusta, Augusta to Birmingham, Lavonia to Marietta, Lavonia to Augusta, and more. Then when I was packing up to leave at 8 pm there was a problem with a shipment out of Greenville I had to attend to. That took 25 more minutes. Was after nine before I got home.

Ceil had gone shopping at Perimeter Mall. When she returned we watched The Middle. Next week is the last episode. I was up past 11:30. Slept 30 minutes late this morning. Every day I pass a red Tesla on my drive next to the river. When I was pulling out of my subdivision (4 miles from the river) I saw the red Tesla, so my streak is intact.

Was so full from lunch yesterday that I didn’t eat supper last night or breakfast this morning. Did have a snack. On the way to work I set up a hot shipment that I’d forgotten to arrange late yesterday. Lunch meeting is Mellow Mushroom pizza. I’ll be sick by 5 pm, even if I eat just one piece.

This week Andy Stanley turned 60, so he’s just over a year older than me. Several months ago I heard (can’t remember where) that he was paying extra attention to the Decatur church due to possible issues with gay members. Haven’t heard anything since then. Andy’s daughter Allie just graduated from Auburn. Recently she spoke at an event with her mother. Andy made a big deal of saying he wanted Allie to come work for him at North Point.

Last night after M came home around 10:30 Barney made a big deal of wanting to go outside. It was about the same time I usually take him out, so I didn’t think much about it. But when we were coming back inside I closed the garage door for the night, but Barney didn’t want to go inside. I had already taken off his leash and didn’t want to put it back on. Finally I figured out he didn’t want to go back inside because Matthew he turned on the oven to cook something. Barney was scared the smoke detector would go off.

At Whole Foods Matthew might transfer part time into the meat department, while still keeping hours in store support (cash register, customer service booth, etc.).

Tonight the Johnson Ferry youth choir sang the national anthem at the Braves game.

No comments: