Thursday, January 17, 2019

Braves 2019 Bobbleheads

Today was a big day – the Braves announced their 2019 promotional schedule, including several bobbleheads. Bad thing is it’s the usual suspects: Freeman, Dansby, Albies, and Acuna. Also Josh Donaldson. Best case: buy four tickets, go to five games, and get as many as 14 bobbles. Spend $40.00 and net $240.00. Plus the Gwinnett games.    
 
4.03 WED ATL Acuna ROY coin (special ticket)
4.14 SUN ATL kids Phil the Bucket 5000
4.26 FRI ATL Ronald Acuna 15000
5.16 THU ATL Josh Donaldson 15000
5.19 SUN ATL kids B-Rush 5000
5.29 WED ATL caps 15000
6.01 SAT ATL 5K t-shirt (special ticket)
6.11 TUE ATL Swanberson 15000
6.19 WED ATL Ozzie chain 15000
7.05 FRI ATL Walter Banks 15000
7.21 SUN ATL kids backpack 5000
7.23 TUE ATL Ozzie Albies 7500
7.24 WED ATL Ozzie Albies 7500
8.04 SUN ATL kids Hammerin Hank 5000
8.30 FRI ATL Funko Freddie Freeman 15000
9.06 FRI ATL Los Bravos (special ticket)
9.22 SUN ATL kids Two Bit Drill 5000
 
The Sunday kids mini-bobbles are cool: the four Home Depot Tool Race combatants. Might swing a deal with Johnny Tallant for those.  


Super Bowl story: when the Super Bowl came to Atlanta in early 1994 Lang and I went to the Super Bowl Experience. We did several things but Lang wanted to wait in a long line where we would film a sports report on the conference champion games. Everyone read from the same script. One person would read the AFC recap and another person the NFC recap. Lang and I were in line a long time, so we heard the recaps read over and over.
 
When Lang and I got filmed, Lang went first with the NFC report, and did his usual professional job. While in line I had memorized an alternate script, where instead of losing to the Bills, the Chiefs won. I pulled it off. That was 19 years ago. I still have the VHS tape. I need to record it on my phone so I can show people.

When Atlanta hosted their second Super Bowl in early 2000 I took young Will to the Super Bowl Experience. He was 6-1/2.
 
I hardly ever get sick, but it seems like I tend to get sick on Super Bowl Sunday. 
 
Young Jimmy Ewing published a children’s book that is available on Amazon. Ceil bought one. Just found out young Jimmy Ewing and wife have been hosting a Bible Study at their house, with Bob Marsh teaching. Not sure where Jimmy goes to church. Marsh had been team teaching at Peachtree Presbyterian, rotating with Dan Hayes and Jim Phillips. Audra Mullen Thompson and family attend Peachtree Pres. Her husband coaches mighty mite basketball somewhere.
 
Wednesday night I worked until almost 6:30. Stopped by Chickfila for an 8 count of nuggets. Spend two hours on the phone. People have huge expectations but I’m not a miracle worker. Ceil watched New Amsterdam. Exhausted, I went to bed at ten. Worked out this morning, but haven’t gotten much done today.

No comments: