Thursday, September 03, 2020

As the Cookie Crumbles

 
When I give my retirement speech one day, one of the pearls of wisdom I’ll leave with my coworkers is this: be sure to keep your pens in your penholder with the tips pointing down, so the ink won’t dry out.
 
For those of us in the metals industry, when we hear someone brag that they have a ton of something, we’re really not very impressed.
 
Something happened to a pipe in our master bathroom. Leaked down and ruined the dining room ceiling. Got a plumber to install a new toilet and new disposal. Now to get the ceiling fixed.
 
Needed a fridge. Due to covid, factories are way behind on their orders, and deliveries are out as much as two or three months. Ordered one from Costco then realized it wouldn’t fit. On August 12 I found a fridge on the Lowe’s website with a delivery date of Aug 21, so I bought it. Then one Aug 20 delivery was moved out to the 24. After a couple more reschedules despite assurances from customer service, I took to Twitter for help. Got an immediate response. They got the store manager to call me. He advised to cancel the order, as delivery would be no time soon. Reported back to the Lowe’s home office. Got another reschedule email.

After the plumber left we went back to Home Depot to see what was available. Saw the fridge we had ordered on line and realized we didn’t like the actual looks. Bought a different model on sale – at a lower price, with 18 months zero interest, a Sept 15 delivery, plus an additional discount. A win win win win win. Not that we have any money to pay for all of this.

Late supper: baked chicken, mixed vegetables, and rice (photo before adding BBQ sauce). Watched the Braves sweep the Sox in Fenway. Duvall with three home runs.
 
Day three: ran / walked three miles this morning. Saw a deer, three cars, and three walker / runners.    
 
Nice that the 7 inning games are quick but I forget and look away and boom they are over. Doubleheader tomorrow, right?
 
The Taqueria Labor Day menu looks yummy. Yesterday I grabbed a late lunch at Taco Bell. This morning a chicken mcgriddle from McDonalds. Good but was surprised that the chicken was spicy.
 
I will probably be watching the Tour Championship this weekend. Not sure what else will be going on. Need to work on selling more bobbleheads shoes and violins. Sold a pair of shoes that I need to ship.

No comments: