Thursday, December 30, 2021

Cheez-It with Mayo

Glad I missed the Dukes Mayo Bowl. No surprise that QB Sam Howell and UNC didn't meet expectations. Good for SC getting the win. Nice that both teams wore dark jerseys and white pants. Afterward the new SC Coach Beamer took a sportswriter to task. Taking some attention off Dabo.

More average football in Music City. I'm not a Tennessee fan but their offense is doing better than their defense. I say that and they got stuffed on fourth & inches. Vols shouldn't be allowing Purdue to do so much on offense. Boilermakers should've gone for two to get to 31. Vols O-line looks gassed. Purdue defense chasing the Tenn QB while O-line standing there watching.

DID YOU SEE THAT PLAY? Vols had three defenders wrapping up the Purdue tight end, but he broke free and ran for a 63 yard TD. Then three more quick TD's. Vols have the talent advantage, but Purdue wanted it more. Shame a bad call spoiled the ending.

Vols in all white, their normal road uniform. Purdue in all black, an overused combination. Just a few nights ago on Monday Night Football the Dolphins were in head to toe white and the Saints in black from the neck down. Sunday the Eagles were in all black and the Texans in all navy. In the future every game will look like the Music City Bowl.

Last night that Iowa State QB had a good game, almost brought them back. Wild 4th down play where he got the first down, then fumbled it backwards on the other side of the first down marker. Good looking game.
Like Purdue, last night Oklahoma was wearing jerseys with huge numbers. Big crowd in Nashville for the game, a record. Will be interesting to see if the Chickfila Peach Bowl gets it's usual big crowd. Both teams are missing their best player.

Just received the Atlanta Legends Starter jacket that I ordered late Monday night. Perfect fit. I needed a waterproof jacket. Could play golf in it if needed.
On the way to work I stopped by McDonalds for another Frappe. Very good. Got a decent amount of uncluttering done at work. Could've done a bunch more. Was at the office from before 9 am until after 1 pm. Got home and have been folding clothes and other cleanup.

Another nice win for the Grizzlies, over the Lakers.

Guess y'all saw where Frances Worthy passed away last week. Funeral Sunday Jan 17, right?

Yesterday I learned the guy who runs my auto repair shop in Roswell is retiring. Today I learned a guy at work is retiring.

Colorful supper - 3 dishes: chicken, black beans, black-eyed peas - all with red and green peppers. That's Christmas.
Mary is a nurse, and knows all the ins and outs of the medical profession. She is also practical to a fault. A few years ago she realized she needed to go to the emergency room. No one was around to take her. She knew her condition didn't require a paramedic and didn't want to be charged for an ambulance, so she called an Uber to take her to the hospital.

That Miss State coach has looked like me for years. We both keep getting uglier every year!!!

I've played that putt putt game in the past. Never got a 26. Trying to get it on my laptop so I can play, but I'm slow with technical stuff! Got to the putt putt website but it took me back to the homepage, and I could never find the game. I first looked it up on my phone, but it was too hard to play the game on my phone. I'll try again today. I'm not set up to watch TVs / movies on my phone or even laptop. Ceil does - ESPN, games, cooking and art stuff. Not me. I even watch YouTube videos on the TV.

Since I'm not at work this week I have been checking emails on my phone. When I was sent a link I wanted to see if it was the putt putt game I remembered, so I clicked on it on my phone. I usually don't play games on my phone, but since I had it up I played a couple of holes. Was hard. Later I clicked on the link on my laptop.

VINCE DiMAGGIO  [SABR Bio] was sold by the San Francisco Seals to create room on their roster for Joe DiMaggio. In 1933 Vince went to the Tucson Lizards then had stops in Hollywood and San Diego before reaching the majors. Vince tied a career record originally set by Jimmie Foxx, leading the league in strikeouts five times, and three times leading MLB. Vince led one additional time, and Foxx ended with seven crowns. Vince's first trade in the majors was on 04-Feb-1939. The Boston Bees sent DiMaggio to the Yankees [See "Transactions" on Fox's B-R page].

Yesterday: should've gone to play golf in the morning but was scared there would be thunderstorms. Had lunch with a friend at Christie's, a Greek restaurant in East Cobb. Friend got a meat lovers calzone. It was huge. I ordered a chicken Parmesan grinder. Very good.

No comments: