Tuesday, February 22, 2022

2nd Bite: Scoville Hot Chicken

Saturday evening Matthew and I ate at Scoville Hot Chicken. I got the “plain” sandwich. M got the second to the hottest. Both were huge, and good. We both took half home. The fries were excellent as well. Fast service. Hate having to tear open the little packs of catsup.

After Scoville's we bought shirts at the Lassiter Goodwill. Got a cool Oglethorpe Stormy Petrels t-shirt. Watched the old rom-com “Killers” again, filmed in Atlanta.

Sunday morning for breakfast I ate the Buc-ee’s cinnamon roll I’d bought. Lunch was the rest of the Scoville sandwich. Went to the office and worked five hours.

Monday: no small group. Worked through lunch and left at 5:30. Ceil cooked her favorite meal: spaghetti. With meatballs. Also salad. She tried a different recipe and it wasn’t quite as good. Meatballs were tasty enough. Ground beef no turkey or sausage.

As everyone else has mentioned already, today is 2/22/22. At work when I have to key in a due date, for the past few months I’ve been typing this date. I’ve had to move on to 052222, and for the rest of the year it will be the 22nd of the month.

Golf this morning at Candler Park. Teed off at 7 am and finished nine holes around 8:20, oftentimes hitting two balls. The ground was kinda squishy but okay. No gloves or hat – it was 53 degrees. One other regular was somewhere behind me, but I never saw him. After typing it up, I realized it was perhaps the best nine holes I’ve ever played, shot-wise (even if I did forget to stop my watch until the fourth hole).

1. Used a driver off the tee. I couldn’t see where it went. Found in fairway slightly on the right side. Hit two good 5 woods that both stayed in the fairway, leaving me a chip shot to the green. Two chips both sailed over the elevated green. Just a tough shot. Pitched one back that rolled off the green back down the hill. I moved on to the second tee.

2. Five wood off tee. I actually saw the ball in flight. Low with a slight slice. Left me a chip to the green. Hit two shots, both semi-close to the hole. Missed the longer par putt but made the next one for bogey.

3. Six iron off tee. First try seemed okay but might’ve rolled off to the left. I hit a provisional that stopped inches short of the green, First shot was just a few feet away. Made the par putt.

4. Three wood off tee. First shot I found pin high, just off to the right of the green. Second shot had sliced frther right. Two long lag putts both rolled close, but I missed the par putt.

5. Used 3 wood off tee. Both in fairway. Two good chips. Missed par putts but made the bogey.

6. Hit driver off tee. Both sailed right. From there I hit two decent 5 wood shots, one further and better than the other. From there I hit two more 5 woods, both to the fringe. Two putt for another bogey. Longest hole on the course, and I played it better than usual.

7. Hit driver off tee again. One worm-burner, the other sliced to the right side of the fairway. From there I hit two good 5 woods up to the top of the hill, one a little further than the other. My approach wasn’t too far from the green, in position for a manageable chip. Just then the greenskeeper moved in to maintain the green. I moved on to eight.

8. My drive sliced right, but rolled left down toward the middle of the fairway. Hit two good 5 woods down the hill, one to the right fringe. Hit two long lag putts, both decent. Missed the par putt and settled for another bogey.

9. Hit two good 3 woods off the tee. Both had decent length. Good chip that rolled off the left side of the green. Decent uphill putt. Sunk the putt for bogey.

Ceil went down to see Shivonne today. Several things didn't go well at work today. Some of my frustration is showing through. Not enough time to do excellent work, and when that happens the lack of preparation shows through.

Saw where Michigan head coach Juwan Howard was suspended for the rest of the regular season – six games. Should be a learning experience for him. Yes he deserved the suspension, though others thought the mere suggestion of punishment was too much. The world we live in.

Conversely a Christian legislator in Europe is on trial in an effort to limit his free speech, so others won’t have to be exposed to a Biblical worldview. In North Carolina an effort is being made to keep a congressional candidate off the ballot because of perfectly legal actions he took last year, that others did not like.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/lawmaker-trial-europe-religion-free-speech-cautionary-tale?fbclid=IwAR1QYwllYLCOhmUqJlHO8xE1MEaj-JpmhXMiPs2rSs2Ic2PXCxZCUGyNp-8

No comments: