Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Falcons: New Uniforms

Falcons are getting new uniforms. There are sure needed. They’ve had ugly informs for 17 years. I think they figured that out and started wearing the popular throwbacks for two or three of the eight home games each year. My prediction: red helmets and jerseys. If they don’t go back to block numbers, hopefully they’ll keep their current number font. Some say forget the unis, just get better coaches.

Hopefully the new unis will be traditional, but in a letter to season ticket holders Falcons owner Arthur Blank said the team had been working with Nike on new unis for over a year. Hopefully they understand how bad Tampa’s futuristic unis look, and will stick to the basics like the Cowboys, Giants, Redskins, and Chiefs. The Rams and Browns are also unveiling new uniforms for next season, and both are supposed to be more traditional. The Raiders may also get new uniforms to coincide with their move to Vegas.  

Donaldson signed with the Twins. The Braves still have 2-1/2 months to figure out what to do. Don’t be fooled by all the people who say THE BRAVES HAVE TO GET SOMEONE RIGHT NOW! The Braves GM AA has a proven track record of bringing in players, so let’s let him work. At worst the Braves have two young outfield prospect Waters and Pache. Camargo and Riley may have slumped last year. Going to Cumming tonight for my hot stove meeting, so we’ll discuss it there. The hot stove guys are more level-headed than those hot-heads on social media.   

The Twins also gave 3B Sano a $30 million extension, but he can also play outfield and DH. Hate to see Donaldson go. The Braves offered four years and had to be close on the money, but rumor was Donaldson was going to take the offer with the absolute most money.

After work Friday I did my 4 miles at the Y. Perhaps a record time. Home to take Barney out. Ate three leftover slices of the Pizzeria Lucca pie for supper.  

Watched Parenthood all weekend, as well as an interesting Amazon series called Modern Love. Different people of all ages in every episode. Also the sitcom about the Kentucky church choir, and finished a 1999 Kate Capshaw / Tom Selleck movie called The Love Letter. Didn’t realize Selleck was ex-military and also a Christian.

Saturday no small group so I slept late, then worked upstairs until 1 pm. Quesadillas for lunch. Laundry and other housework. Went to the Y at 4 pm and lifted weights, then Kroger for several items. Checked out and walked outside: Downpour. Got drenched getting to my car. Supper: stuffed ravioli with Ragu.  

Sunday School. Should’ve gone to the Y but didn’t. Pizza for lunch. Laundry and kitchen cleanup. Took photos of ten items to sell on eBay. Packaged one shipment. C returned from SC and I drove her to Whole Foods. Watched the latest ESPN College Football 150 show, about various players – including Staubach, Ron Mix, Doug Williams, Marcus Dupree, Jim Thorpe, and others. No Herschel.

Monday: Wore my Clemson pullover to work. After work I got my long-awaited new running shoes. Ceil was so hyped for the game, so she didn’t want me to stop by the gym. I picked up my new shoes and bought tea at Trader Joes, and was home earlier than usual. Chicken stir fry with rice. Watched the pregame. Instead of my usual laptop fun I spent the first half updating and posting new items on eBay. I currently have 22 items for sale. Nine of the items have interested people keeping tabs on the sale. Lowered the price on my UGA Alex Wood bobblehead from $75 to $70. A guy offered me $50 and I countered with $60, but I haven’t heard back.  

I’m trying to savor food as much as others I know. We have protein powder at the house that’s not getting used, so I bought milk to use it up, since for sure I need more protein. Been having that for breakfast.

GT beat UNC. Clemson beat Duke. What’s the deal? GT seems to be improved this year.  

Tuesday: some stull came up at work and I had to stay over a bit. Then traffic was bad and I didn’t make it to the gym until 630. Lifted weights for 50 minutes. Home to watch OK/Kansas, Parenthood, Chicago Med, and Carol’s Second Act. Fixed a chicken & rice quesadilla, and had a cup of bacon potato soup.  W&MC went to the Hawks game Tuesday night. Not sure but they probably didn’t have the special bobblehead tickets.

Made another eBay sale this morning: four Peachtree Road Race t-shirts from the 80’s. Sold quick. Maybe I should’ve priced them higher. The eBay money is nice, but it’s also a little bit of an adventure to see if stuff will sell.

Players who won at least four Gold Gloves but never made an All-Star team.

Pos GG 
3B...6 Eric Chavez 01 02 03 04 05 06
CF...4 Geronimo 74 75 76 77
CF...8 Gary Maddox 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
. C...4 Mike Matheny 00 03 04 05
CF...6 Dwayne Murphy 80 81 82 83 84 85
1B...6 Wes Parker 67 68 69 70 71 72
CF...5 Gary Pettis 85 86 88 89 90
3B...5 Doug Rader 70 71 72 73 74
SS...4 Andrelton Simmons 13 14, 17, 18
1B...6 JT Snow 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00
CF...4 Mickey Stanley 68, 69, 70, 73

At work one really fills in for you – you work extra both before and after vacation to make up for the time you’re taking off. Plus if you’re smart you check and delete emails during vacation so they’re not piled up for when you return. Last year I actually used up almost all of my 4 weeks of vacation. There have been several years I didn’t take my full allotment of vacation days. This year I can carry over 5 vacation days from 2020 to 2021 if I want. Need to take some Fridays when C isn’t working to tackle some house projects.

Trying to cut down on my overtime, especially with our customer not back up and running full speed quite yet. But we have three lunch meetings this week: Tuesday about pricing (Atlanta Bread), Wednesday about vacation policy changes (Jimmy Johns), and Friday the monthly sales meeting (BBQ). On Monday I had to go to the post office at lunch, so I stopped by Taco Bell to try their double tacos.

No comments: