Friday, January 10, 2020

Legal Pads


Back when we were at Camp SPdL we carried around yellow legal pads all week, taking notes and writing skits and bits. I still like to use a yellow legal pad.  

Not sure why there is a two week break before the national championship game. My guess is they wanted to add an extra week so it wouldn’t be a big deal when they added another round of playoff games. Ceil’s brother is going to the game but his wife just had elbow surgery and has her arm in a sling, so she’s not going. Last year she went to the natty in San Francisco but Rusty didn’t go.  

NEWS: North Point Community Church is opening a new satellite church in East Cobb, meeting at Eastside Baptist Church on Lower Roswell Road. Eastside used to be one of the most vibrant churches in East Cobb, but the congregation grew old like SPdL. Anna took ballet there. Also Sunday Andy Stanley is starting a new sermon series about religion and politics, and expects to get lots of letters and emails about it.

Much harder to lose weight these days. So hard for me to not eat so much. Really gonna make an effort though. They say lifting weights helps add muscle which burns more calories than fat. We’ll see.

Wish I could sleep later. Will sleep late Saturday morning. Sunday School starts at ten so I can sleep a little later then. Need to go to bed earlier, but going to the gym after work adds an hour to my evening. I really wasn’t doing much when I got home before supper, and we never eat until seven or 730, so I might as well hit the gym. I think I eat less after working out, which is good.


Sometimes I think I take off my CPAP mask in my sleep, because I don’t remember taking to off. Try to put it back on as soon as I realize it.


I’ve heard about those weighted blankets. Not sure if that’s what C has on our bed, but the new cover is heavier than previous comforters.


Thursday: left work shortly after five. Weight-lifting day. Was leaving the Y at seven. C was wanting her favorite pizza. I called in an order, picked it up, and was home by 730. She tossed a salad. Like you, I am trying to keep my portions small(er). Watched Jeopardy, then an episode of Parenthood.

Friday: no leftovers, so I went to Chickfila for lunch. Came back and someone had brought in Klondike ice cream bars. I plan on not eating any supper tonight. The manager’s meeting at work ended, so we have a few visitors in our office this morning.


C had a teacher’s meeting, then she’s headed to check on her mother. Sounds like Joan is doing a little better. Barney has to stay with me this weekend.   

Did you hear about the horse that was injured? His condition is stable. Made that one up myself.

No comments: