Saturday, August 06, 2022

First Bite: Odori

Wasn't originally excited about the supper destination Thursday: Odori Japanese Steakhouse just off the North Myrtle Beach main drag, but it turned out good.  Man you get a ton of food: soup, side salad, then the main course comes with a mountain of rice. My mistake was to spread out the rice with the cooked vegetables I'd ordered. I ate and ate but the food on my plate never seemed to get smaller. Then sherbet to cleanse the palate. Everyone else got to go boxes, but I knew there wasn't room in the fridge. 

Ceil ordered a bowl and substituted the teriyaki chicken I'd almost ordered. It was tasty. Rusty ordered a combo platter with steak and chicken, but I was happy with my vegetables. Rusty Kelly Katherine Victoria Jordan Ted Ceil and me.

Tuesday: didn't leave East Cobb until almost 10:30 am after dropping Winnie at the kennel and getting gas. C got Chick-fil-A in Thomson. Stopped at Buccees in Florence. Arrived at north Cherry Grove Beach at 5:30.

Wednesday: out on the beach all day. Read the first 106 pages of the Joan of Arc book. Heavy material, but good stuff. I'd probably like the historical fiction better.

Last year Phil started a tradition of hot dogs on the beach. It was all we could talk about out on the beach. Phil made only eight Wednesday but like 24 Thursday. The five guys Phil Rusty Zane Ted and me all ate two, and we had several left over. 

Stayed out on the beach from like 10:30 to six. Wednesday supper: pork burritos with a little black beans and rice.  Later we went to the grocery. Publix was closed so we went to Kroger.

Thursday morning after a breakfast of scrambled eggs toast bacon grits I went out on two mile walk on the beach. Then out on the beach all day.

Our condo was right at the northernmost pier in Cherry Grove aka North Myrtle Beach, a mile south of an inlet / wetland (above & below, looking northwest to northeast). 

You can almost walk through the water to the other side of the inlet, where we were Friday morning. That's me and Victoria off in the distance below.

Riley's contract is lots cheaper overall and per year than Freddie's. Since Riley is younger it's not as big a deal that he got a ten year contract.

Chicken Salad Chick. Not my favorite. Whenever the guys are meeting for a lunch we joke about going there, because they must have a rule that only one man can be there at one time.

No comments: