Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Looks at Books

Where The Crawdads Sing was a great novel. Even Ceil read it. She usually doesn’t read books like that. Anna and her cousins read it as well. I need to see the movie. Hey last night I looked and we can get the Where the Crawdads Sing movie on our TV. I watched the trailer and it looks good. Brought back memories from the book. If you haven’t read the book you should. Speaking of Crawdads, I need to see if that author has written any other books.

Currently reading James Patterson’s The House of Kennedy. Like I need to read another Kennedy book. But there’s some new info that I’d never heard, and focus on areas not focused on much and other books. A reminder that bought elections are not a recent thing. Both John Lewis and Jackie Kennedy predicted Bobby's assassination.

Interesting article about the recent world climate conference. The recent volcano eruptions in Hawaii have dumped hundreds of times more pollutants into the atmosphere than anything manmade.

https://www.winepatch.org/blog/globalism-is-dependent-upon-climate-deception 

Are sea levels rising? Really?

This morning after lifting weights I had to drive through Roswell instead of my usual route to work, due to flooding on Azalea Road down by the river. That stretch of road floods a couple of times a year, and has done so as long as that road has been there – well over 40 years. While the flooding has to do with heavy rain, Atlanta hasn’t received record amounts of rainfall this year. Since the Chattahoochee is dammed back at Lake Lanier, flooding can be controlled all the way down through Atlanta and Columbus and down to the Gulf of Mexico.

People borrowing things. I could tell you stories.

Taqueria: I actually saw something about this week’s special on social media yesterday.

C was gone yesterday so there wasn’t much to eat. She fixed oatmeal before she left. Throughout the day I ate: raisin bread toast. Ham sandwich. PB&J. Tiny bowl of Grape Nuts cereal with milk. That was breakfast lunch and supper. On the way home from work tonight I grabbed a Wendy’s chicken sandwich. 

Last night I turned on Monday Night Football, but went to bed before the miraculous comeback. Earlier I had watched the Burlson Trophy presentation show, which went on for an hour and a half. Too long for a show that wasn’t the Heisman Trophy, which only lasts an hour.

Crazy about voting. I’ve heard stories of all sorts of crazy things going on (not today). Not sure what to believe these days. I’m going to try to dial back on the politics. Also about complaining about the Happy Holidays vs Merry Christmas. Speaking of, I received my first Christmas card at work. It said Merry Christmas, but had Santa Claus on it.

Been meaning to say that I’ve noticed myself itching and scratching more lately. Bothers me like 1% of the time but its more than it used to be.  Probably due to dry skin. Guess I need to moisturize.

Guess I need to start working on my bowl pics. One coworker is out Tues & Wed, another on Friday. I may take off Thurs. Plus we’re have workers coming to the house at least 2 days this week. Gonna be a busy month. I haven’t ordered Christmas cards yet. Busy Tuesday. I was the only team member in the office today. Got three projects for other departments to do, plus 4 of my own. I just try to do one thing at a time.

I heard on the radio that UGA@GT was tonight. I’ll try to find it on my TV. I bet you can’t watch the Grizz if the Hawks are playing at the same time.

LEFTY GROVE  [SABR Bio] was the last left-handed pitcher to win 30 games in a season. In 1931, Grove won 31 for the Athletics. He led his league in ERA a record nine times, but only once did he lead the majors. Grove led the AL in 1926 (2.51), 1929 (2.81); 1930 (2.54); 1931 (2.06); 1932 (2.84); 1935 (2.70); 1936 (2.81); 1938 (3.08); & 1939 (2.54). The Athletics won the World Series in 1929 & 1930. They won the AL flag in 1931, but were bested by St. Louis in the Fall Classic that year.

No comments: