Friday, December 23, 2022

Pastry Deliveryman

I think I'm more conditioned to the cold now than I was a year ago. Not bundling up quite as much to play golf. I did pull out turtlenecks to wear as one layer. Had to get out and make a pastry delivery for Matthew, to our friends the Mayfield's. Wanted to stop by the library but it was closed. Drove through McDonalds for a 50 cent double cheeseburger. C is still rushing around getting ready. She made two trips running errands.

They closed the golf course until after Christmas, due to the cold. I didn't even go to the gym. Slept until 9 am. Cleaned upstairs and now gotta straighten up downstairs. Hurricane Ceil. M was in full baking mode this morning, so I couldn't fix myself anything to eat. Tonight C made homemade pizza, dough and all.

Gonna stay inside as much as possible. Work holiday today and Monday. Gotta go to the office next Wednesday. Not sure about Tuesday or Thursday.

This past Tuesday I was sitting at the kitchen table facing the kitchen. Seemed colder than normal. I looked at the new windows to my left to make sure they were closed. The new French doors were closed too. I kept working on my important project (comparing Mike Alstott's 156 game career to Herschel's final 138 games with the Vikings, Giants, Eagles, & his 2nd stint with the Cowboys). Later I stood up and realized our new back door to the garage was open. Winnie was no where to be found. I grabbed the little squeaky toy we only use in emergencies and squeaked it. Winnie came running, from our next door neighbor's house.

Wednesday while I was raking the yard Winnie got loose again, but she came running to me, wanting to play. Fortunately she doesn't run away like Barney used to do. 

CRAIG BIGGIO  [SABR Bio] after his wife was slapped by a White Sox fan, said, “Don't put him in jail. Bring him to me in the dugout.” The slap occurred during G 2 of the 2005 World Series. The quote is at least what Biggio said he had told the authorities. He is the last player to hit 100 doubles to lead the majors over two consecutive seasons with at least fifty doubles each year. In 1998 & 1999, Biggio hit 51 then 56 2B. During one stretch, he led the league in plate appearances five out of eight seasons, twice leading the majors. From 1992 through 1999, he averaged 696 PA and that included two seasons marred by work stoppages.

No comments: