Wednesday, May 15, 2024

GSU to Build Baseball Stadium

BREAKING NEWS: the state of Georgia has approved construction of the new Georgia State University baseball stadium, to be built on the footprint of old Atlanta Stadium, which is between GSU’s new basketball arena and GSU’s football stadium (old Turner Field).

The Hank Aaron statue currently located in the courtyard of the GSU football stadium will be moved over to the new baseball stadium. The marker commemorating Hank’s 715th home run will remain as part of the new baseball stadium. Georgia State currently plays baseball in Panthersville, east of the city near the northwest corner of 285 & I-20.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ajc.com/sports/state-sports/georgia-state-to-get-downtown-baseball-stadium/UARTNMK6HBAATBMCVEQTCGLYGQ/__;!!AE29DT8V!VzPXafviDNVVt3Zh2cD_ZZ4y_kHvIB3GP5fzTnZheWTn0r_FVyAOY5Zzi4aRR5FR8msL_s61JW5gWkPuScc$

One Mariners fan caught foul balls on two consecutive pitches.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.mlb.com/news/fan-gets-two-foul-balls-on-consecutive-pitches__;!!AE29DT8V!V2jWoM5So7sCunMdcHQdvdKCfp3qgOSrkD34DVaRlxdEqnFYFjK9mGNIbV8N7B5Jv4ZDxhQz7e9Al_rnBBE$

For my daily free drink from RaceTrac I’m usually getting mostly Vitamin Water Lemonade and mix in either Gatorade or a little Mtn Dew, but I’ve been thinking about mixing in the fruit punch. I’m already mixing in my own fruit punch drink that I mix at home / work. When I get Coke Zero I usually mix in a little Dr Pepper of Cherry Coke.

Our friend Wen Wen started attending our Sunday School class during covid, when we were meeting via Zoom on our computers. After covid she came to class. Graduated from GT when started buying houses to rent to students. She moved to Southeast Asia and is getting married there today. Our Sunday School teacher flew over to perform the ceremony.

Discussing egg recipes at work. Cloud eggs: separate the yoke from the egg white. Beat the whites to fluff them up. Place on a piece of bread, then put the yoke in a hole on top – them bake for 5 min. Similar to an egg in a basket.

It’s always something. When I leave my parking lot at work I need to make a left across northbound Peachtree Industrial. Heavy traffic north and southbound, so its hard to find a gap. When I had my little Corolla I could go halfway across and wait, but my Altima is longer, and harder to fit in the middle. If I don’t want to wait I can turn north, then make a U turn a hundred yards up the road – but that’s where all the nails are.

A month ago I got 2 nails in one tire. Kept losing air. Finally went to my tire place, TIRE DEALS, where Claire had gone one time. The new owner plugged the tire.

I need to get to the point where I can easily look up old stuff. Around this time in 2006 Will was playing for the Mt Paran Cougars. I just saw that jersey of his still packed away in the attic. After the last game of the season Will dumped a bucket of ice over his coach’s head! M was batting .588 for the Rock Hounds, second on the team in doubles. We’d gone to PF Chang for Mother’s Day. 

Monday: worked until 630 finishing up a project. Had to pick up Greek yogurt at Kroger on the way home. C watched The Voice. Supper was chicken, broccoli, potatoes, tomatoes, and fresh corn from the cob.

Tuesday AM: lifted weights at the gym.

DENISON: Jerry Seinfeld committed an unforgivable sin in much of American culture by supporting Israel after Israel was brutally attacked by genocidal terrorists last October. He is Jewish; last December he traveled to Tel Aviv to meet with families of hostages held by Hamas. As a result, before he stood to speak at Duke, a group of students walked out. Others booed him.

ME: I didn’t think the Pop-Tart movie was THAT bad.

https://www.denisonforum.org/daily-article/duke-students-walk-out-on-jerry-seinfeld-at-commencement/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Duke%20students%20walk%20out%20on%20Jerry%20Seinfeld&utm_campaign=5-14-24%20DA%20-%20Duke%20students%20walk%20out%20on%20Jerry%20Seinfeld

No comments: