Monday, November 21, 2022

R.I.P. Steve Apostel

Sad sad news. My old boss Steve Apostel just passed away, after being admitted to hospice in Florida. He was only 71, but lived a full life. More than just about anyone he took me to a new understanding of what it meant to live like Jesus. He was also a great boss, my best ever. Challenged us to think of new better ways to tackle problems, which always caught the old guard off balance.

I pretty much owe my career to Steve. I was on the inside sales desk when he arrived at TMP from Miami. He sent me to help design the AS400 quote order entry system, then made me TMP quality manager, and later scheduling manager. Then when I decided to not move to Charleston Steve plucked me for his newly formed fabrication team, where I helped design the Work Order Entry system and trained the southeast on it. When Steve landed the EZGo parts contract I pulled the strings behind the scenes until I was needed for a frontline role. Steve returned to Florida and later retired, and I’ve been stuck on Textron ever sense.

Steve took on life with a smile on his face, and was no doubt prepared to leave this world. Whenever I think of cold-pressed flax seed oil, I think of Steve. It extended the life of his dog Samson. Apostel went to high school with Ted Hendricks and Bucky Dent. Worked out in the same gym with Jim Kiick. Dolphins and Hurricanes fan. Steve Apollo will be missed.

Why does God allow evil to flourish?

https://answersingenesis.org/christianity/christian-life/why-does-god-allow-evil-flourish/?fbclid=IwAR3S9fL-1Il-mr1kHxILVHhi__uJNRrRrk3p4EkmJ3awCx0lm0sD8bpB5ZI&mibextid=Zxz2cZ 

How to be more present.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.headspace.com/articles/how-to-be-more-present__;!!AE29DT8V!UU5zfd53dPcfYTyre-YfPVNtiXw7A8Wl8WQpCAODEDAwEXWB-JCDbHK7ZtwDG8L5aWMgcofL3jVCGNEzXlA$

Isaiah 3:9: They proclaim their sin like Sodom, they do not hide it. Woe to them! For they have brought evil on themselves.

SPdL celebrated the 90th anniversary of the merger of Ponce de Leon Baptist Church and Second Baptist Church.

WEEKLY THEME – Players at least 35 years old when the season started with at least 20 HR and 20 SB that year. 

Player      age   year   SB/HR WAR/Yr WAR/Career

Abreu.........36....2010...24/20....1.9.......60.2

Anderson...35....1999... 36/24...5.9.......35.0

Molitor........36...1993.... 22/22...5.6.......75.7

O’Neill........38... 2001... 22/21...4.9.......38.9

Sanders.....36... 2004....21/22...1.5.......21.5

Sheffield....38.... 2007... 22/25.. 3.0......60.5

White.........35....1998.... 22/22.. 3.8......47.3

No comments: