Friday, May 27, 2022

Friday AM Golf

Teed off this morning at 6:25 am, ahead of several one-club golfers.

1. Hit my first drive into the woods. Mulligan sliced low but stayed in the fairway. Great hybrid just short of green. First chip landed short, but second try was great. Two putt for “bogey”.

2. Great hybrid off tee, to just short of green. Two poor chips before a decent one. Two putt for another “bogey”.

3. Hit 6 iron good but left, down in the gulley. From there I made a great chip up onto the green. Good long lag putt, but I missed the bogey putt.

4. First 3 wood off tee clipped the branches and stayed right, up on hill. Never found that ball. Better mulligan to fringe. Good long lag putt, but again missed the bogey putt.

5. Popped up my 3 wood off the tee, so it was short. Chip also short. Missed several putts. Not a good hole.

6. Driver off tee was low and straight but got a decent roll. Mulligan slightly further but in rough. After a flub I hit a good hybrid. Made several attempts with my 9 iron before getting one close, then several putts.

7. Both drives off tee sliced right. Poked out from the trees with my 5 iron. Hit a good 5 iron that stayed left. Decent chip that was short of green. Two flubbed chips went right. Several putts. Good practice.

8. Driver off tee sliced right, but got a good roll. Great approach shot with my 5 iron sailed high, and rolled just short of the green. First putt rolled too far, but almost made my second try. A “par”!

9. Hit my 3 wood off tee better than usual. Hit a good chip shot, but it rolled up off the back of the green. Hit two downhill putts too long, then several more putts. Good to practice.

Finished at 7:21. GPS routed me out Ponce to 285 to PIB. Made it to work at 8:08 am. Got a decent mount of work done.

RANDY JONES  [SABR Bio] was first NL pitcher since WWII to win more than 20 games in season without striking out 100 batters. In 1976, Jones won 22 and struck out 93. He won the most games in the majors two years after losing the most. Lost 22 in 1974. Won 22 in 1976. Radio broadcaster Jerry Coleman called him “the left-hander with the Karl Marx hairdo.”

No comments: