Wednesday, May 04, 2022

Weekday Golf

Met up with Will to play golf early Tuesday morning. I’m starting to hit the ball better, which is putting me in different positions to hit shots than I am used to. Now my poor chipping and putting is more visible. A good problem to have. Teed off shortly after 7 am, after Mr. Chee and another fellow. 

1. Worm burner off the tee. Second try was better, though it sliced right. Hit two cruddy approaches, then found my actual bell and hit a good hybrid. It stayed right, but hit a tree and bounced left into the fairway. Good chip that went over green. Good chip back and two putt. "Double bogey".

2. Good low 3 wood off tee that sliced right. Poor chip, then a better chip onto green. Two putt. "Bogey".

3. Flubbed first 6 iron off tee, but my second try was better, though left. First chip didn’t make it up hill but second one did. Two putt. "Bogey".

4 (above). Good straight 3 wood that rolled off the back of the green. Good chip. Three putt. “Double bogey”.

5. Decent 3 wood with good distance, but just right. Good chip down hill onto green. Two putt. “Bogey”.

6. Hit a good driver from the forward senior tee. The ball sailed high, but to middle of the fairway just short of the big tree. Hit a good hybrid that stayed left, then a second ball even better. Chipped three balls onto the green, then two putted. "Bogey".

7. Hit a decent drive off the tee that stayed right toward that fourth tree again. My second tee shot was worse. Decent low hybrid that got a good roll. Flubbed my approach. Tried again and hit it to the back of the green. A good two putt. "Bogey".

8 (below). First tee shot was okay. Went right but it rolled back down hill to the middle. Second try was a worm burner that got a good roll. Hit a hybrid too good. Got a good bounce onto the green but then rolled off the back. Chipped two, neither great but one onto the green. One long lag putt then made the second. “Bogey”.

9. A low but decent 3 wood off the tee. Chipped three balls: the first right, second long, and third too far left. Made a good lag putt and made the second. “Par”.

Finished around 8:25. Caught up on some emails and drove to Peachtree and 14th for my focus group on new recyclable round plastic pizza packages, to replace the cardboard boxes used for years and years.

C spent yesterday at Shivonne’s and went straight to her women’s ministry. Stayed later than usual due to the crowd. While working I sometimes tune into sports radio 680 am , but the Braves game was on so I listened to that. 

Winnie had stayed in her crate most of the day, but was a good dog when she was let out. Sometimes I think she has a sixth sense about someone/something being outside, and she will go and bark. Winnie is also snuggling up to us more, especially in bed at night. Then she will stretch and push me almost off the bed.

After work Matthew and I ate at Scoville Hot Chicken. Was surprised that he ordered the plain chicken tenders, with no extra heat. The sandwich I get is do big that I didn’t order fries. A new low weight for me this morning (slightly). 

My lower back is more sore than yesterday, more sore now than when I went to lift weights this morning. I did just about all my normal exercises and weights. Wore my Grizzlies shirt to the gym. I didn’t watch, so the Grizzlies won. Thought about flipping it over before heading upstairs to bed. Instead I checked updates on my phone.

KENNY LOFTON  [SABR Bio] was the last player to lead his league in stolen bases for five straight seasons: in 1992 (66), 1993 (70), 1994 (60), 1995 (54) & 1996 (75). Jim Thome called him “the most talented player in baseball”. Lofton and Thome were teammates in Cleveland 1992-96 and 1997-2001. Kenny was the first batter to hit a home run off Washington Nationals pitching. He homered in the Nationals first game on 04-Apr-2005, in the 5th inning off Livan Hernandez.

DENISON: some believe the Supreme Court leak was intended to "incite violence and bully justices into changing their votes."

https://www.denisonforum.org/daily-article/the-latest-on-the-supreme-court-leak-and-the-one-and-only-pro-life-argument/?utm_source=active-campaign&utm_medium=email

In honor of Cinco de Mayo: Atlanta Eats’ list of top Mexican places.

https://www.atlantaeats.com/blog/the-ultimate-guide-to-mexican-food-in-atl/?utm_campaign=later-linkinbio-steakshapiro&utm_content=later-26536532&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkin.bio 

No comments: