Wednesday, November 08, 2023

More on JFK

Article: sounds like an interesting book, on why the JFK assassination still matters. Not yet available at my library, so I may have to break down and buy an actual book to read.

Tuesday: worked until 6 pm, though it was a chore. Drove south on Peachtree Industrial for 30 minutes to north Brookhaven. Took me another 30 minutes standing in line at Taqueria to order and pick up Ceil some supper. Then to Kroger on the way home. Was almost 8 before I got home.

Tuesday’s lunch was catered by Jason’s Deli. I wasn’t hungry but ate a little, less than usual. Ate a couple of peanut butter balls for supper, that Ceil had made with coconut and honey and a few chocolate chips.

I feel much better today. Slept past 6:15 this morning. I felt bad yesterday. Took a long hot shower this morning, and had to walk Winnie before leaving, then had to stop for gas on the way to work (because I had too much else to do on the way home last night AND didn’t feel like making another stop) – so I was 5 min late getting to work. Then an hour long meeting to start the day, so there’s a bunch to do.

The first Hot Stove meeting on the winter was tonight, but I didn’t go.

Lunch today is Chickfila sandwiches and CFA macaroni & cheese. And cookies. Worked past 7 pm. 

I know what to get Anna for Christmas.

TED WILLIAMS   [SABR Bio] drove in 145 runs in 1939 to lead the majors. Young teammate Walt Dropo came extremely close to surpassing Ted for the rookie ribbie record.  While sitting on 144 RBI, Dropo left eight men stranded on base during his last game of 1950. Williams hit .400 in 1952 and .407 in 1953. Williams won the AL batting title with his well-known .406 in 1941 & .328 in 1958.

No comments: