Friday, November 10, 2023

Upset Special

Clemson may still be flying high after beating Notre Dame last week. Might be ripe for GT to upset the Tigers. You heard it here first. I've been wrong before. Thursday morning I climbed up to the break room to find the other two GT alumni, including George O’Leary’s daughter Chris.

1200 GT@Clemson

1200 #8 Bama @ Kentucky

0200 App State @ Georgia State

0700 #10 Ole Miss @ #1 UGA

The vet I play golf with on Saturday mornings is going to attend the Veteran’s Day celebration in Morrow. Rocky Blier is speaking. On Saturday. He is skipping golf to get free pancakes at IHOP, and later a free meal at Applebees.

Wednesday night I worked past 7 pm. Ceil had been re-watching the Netflix Korean drama King of the Land. Mesmerizing. She was coughing hacking so I moved off the couch. Played on my laptop for a while. Slept in the spare bedroom, for the second straight night.

Thursday: skipped the gym and arrived at work at 730 am. Realized I am 17 truckloads behind – at least. Got a lot of catching up to do. Spinning my wheels. I keep getting new stuff thrown at me that I hadn’t done in the past. That wouldn’t be a problem on the old computer system, but on SAP it takes me hours to do – even with help. I am delegating as much as possible to our new employee, but even that takes extra time to figure out and get into an understandable format.

Dreamland BBQ for lunch. Brunswick stew, macaroni & cheese, potato salad. I talked to my meal coordinator friend about getting the chocolate pudding instead of banana. She had already ordered today’s meal – but she went the extra mile and ordered chocolate for me and the tubing lady.  Quite the pleasant surprise. Helped lessen my frustration. Since I was working late, my meal coordinator coworker encouraged me to fix an additional plate of BBQ for supper. I was still stuffed from lunch.

Beloved Braves third base coach Ron Washington was hired to be the Angels new manager.

No comments: