Tuesday, November 28, 2023

My Championship Picks

My three top picks for the weekend…

Michigan  -  Iowa  23 – Michigan will win by less than 23.

Georgia - Alabama  5 – Bama wins (I hope I am wrong – hopefully by picking Bama, I will put the jinx on them !).

Texas - Oklahoma State  14 – OK State wore themselves out beating BYU this past Saturday night. They won’t have enough left in the tank this week. Longhorns win by more than 14.

Other picks…

Liberty - New Mexico State 10-1/2 Liberty wins by less than 10-1/2

Oregon - Washington  9-1/2 - Oregon wins by less than 9-1/2

Tulane  -  SMU  4 – Tulane wins by more than 4.

FSU  -  Louisville  3 – Louisville pulls off the upset.

Been a rough 24 hours. Left work Monday after 6 pm. Bad traffic on the way home. Accident at an intersection on Holcomb Bridge east of 400 blocking 2 lanes. Was after 715 when I got home. Still I beat C home, so Winnie was crazy. Took her outside and she took her time. Then as we were going back inside C arrived, so Winnie wanted to wait on her.

Went inside and warmed up leftovers for supper. Then I took out the trash and changed clothes. Ate apple pie and ice cream. Didn’t plop on the couch until almost 9 pm, so I was later going to bed.

Up early this morning to lift weights at the gym. Got to work at 750. Takes ten minutes to get logged on. Then in a meeting from 800 til noon. Lunch was salad and chicken tetrazini from Jason’s Deli. Then an hour long meeting from 3 till 4 pm, so I fell behind today. Got an 8 am meeting tomorrow. Figure I better use the trainers while they are here.

Guess y’all heard that Robin Brady passed away. Funeral was this past Sunday at 11 am. Learned more bad news today that I may share later.

Players who hit into a triple play that ended the game.

Batter                Date      Team   Opp  Play

Cey............12-Apr-1978......LAD....HOU..3-6-3

Francoeur.23-Aug-2009.....NYM...PHI....4-4-4

Hofman.....25-Sep-1955(2)..NYG...PHI....6-4-3

Gagliano...30-May-1967.....STL....CIN....6-4-3

Sabo..........08-Sept-1991....CIN.....MON.6-4-3

Schultz......06-Sept-1924(2).PHI.....NYG..2-2-1

*Unassisted TP by 2nd baseman Eric Bruntlett 

Today beloved former coworker Josh stopped by to say hello. He's lost a tremendous amount of weight (100 lb?) on Keto.

No comments: