Wednesday, September 08, 2021

Nationals Braves

 

Decided to photograph the statues at Truist Park tonight.

Right after I snapped this pic of Bobby, 
I ran into coworker Josh.
Above: Warren Spahn. Below: Knucksie
I wore my Greenville Braves cap, Braves Facilities polo,
and blue adidas sneakers.


Pregame


When military veterans were honored,
the Nationals stopped to applaud.


To the bullpen. The Nationals backpack guy always went last.

After Tuiki hit a national in the top of the first, the Nationals starter fired  high hard one past Freddie Freeman's head. Freddie reminded plate umpire Lance Barksdale that if the pitcher came back and hit Freeman, it was clear intent. Freddie did get hit, and the pitcher was thrown out of the game.
Later on a play was reviewed right in front of me.
Since the chocolate tasted funny on Tuesday night,
on Wednesday I opted for the swirl.

Seems oddly fitting that unlike other former Braves with their brick surrounded by lots of fan bricks, poor Bob Horner's brick sits off by itself.
I made my exit early. When these fireworks went off to celebrate Adam Suvall's home run, I was right behind the scoreboard looking up at them. By the time I thought to snap a photo, it was too late.

No comments: