Friday, September 24, 2021

Prankster Profile: Ron Watts

Ron Watts: I probably told you the story a million times about when he was living in the Giles house while they were off serving as missionaries. David Hurt lived there as well. One day Hurt walked into Watt’s room. Ron was lying on his bed reading. When Watts saw Hurt, Ron quickly hid the magazine he was reading. Hurt walked over to the bed and grabbed the magazine – Popular Mechanics.

Worked past six Wednesday night, after arriving early working through lunch. I’m so far behind. Stopped by the driving range to try out my new clubs. They will take time to get used to, which is bad because the tourney is just over a week away. The range was crowded, and golfers were claiming spaces before they got their range balls. Taco salad for supper.

Thursday: grabbed a turkey sub from Jersey Mike’s Subs for lunch. I rarely go there. I had to order on line, and forgot they had Philly Cheese sandwiches. Had I remembered I would’ve ordered one of those.

Left at five for my focus group. Avoided the 285/400 interchange again, exiting Ashford Dunwoody, then left through the diverging diamond interchange, then right to the new bridge back over 285 to the Perimeter MARTA station, then to my appointment. Sipped on three cups of “Coke” and said which I liked best. Answered a few more questions and was on my way, $35 richer.

On the way home I picked up a cute Stripers mascot bobble, a golf cap, and golf balls. Also Halloween candy.

Thursday supper: hand breaded farm fresh chicken tenders, tossed salad, and cheesy bread balls.

Today: another busy day at work.

This morning I bought tickets for next March 6 at the Fox: Steve Martin, Martin Short, and the bluegrass band The Steep Canyon Rangers. Two cheap seats up in the rafters, I'm sure. Want to go?

My friend Steve’s mother passed away this morning. Jim's dad just passed away. My cousin’s husband passed away this past Tuesday. He was 68.

I like to look up things. When I do I usually type up what I learn.

Fishing would be fun except I’m not good at operating the equipment, or tying the flies or lines or whatever it is. And getting wet. Lots of people catch fish, then throw them back.

Driving: I like to stay in the right lane. Here’s my exception: when I come to a red light and I’m going straight, out of courtesy to cars behind me wanting to turn right on red, I will move to the left lane so I’m not blocking anyone.

Kind of blue, with all the crap going on with the funeral and my parent’s estate. I’ll be glad when it’s all over.

Winnie is fascinated by bugs, which is a good thing. Last night she trapped a bug. I hate to kill bugs. Not sure what my house would look like bug wise if I lived alone. I gotta act like I want to kill bugs for Ceil, but my heart isn’t in it. Same with flies.

I’m reading a book about the unhealthy processed food industry, and how they are ruthless in taking out natural ingredients and adding artificial sugar, salt, and fat to make “food” taste better, cost less, and last longer. Don’t believe anything to see on a food package – it’s all hype.

I know a guy reading a book on reincarnation – stuff believed by the likes of Shirley MacLaine. Not sure if he’s reading just for information or if he actually believes that stuff. Not sure if he still claims to be a Christian or not.

Denison: Amnesty International outlined earlier this week how the "Taliban is dismantling the human rights gains of the last twenty years . . . including targeted killings of civilians and surrendered soldiers, and blocking humanitarian supplies in the Panhshir Valley. This is a crime under international law. Restrictions have also been reimposed on women, freedom of expression, and civil society."

ME: odd that you hardly hear anything about the Afghan crisis in the national media any more?

MIKE TROUT  [B-R Bio] is the only player to be voted All-Star Game MVP in consecutive years, in 2014 & 2015. He led his league in WAR in four of his first five seasons. In 2012-13 and 2015-16 Trout led the AL in WAR each year w/10.5, 8.9, 9.6 & 10.5 respectively. He is an avid amateur meteorologist. Says he’d like to like to pursue a career in the study of weather after his baseball days. Listen here.

No comments: