Tuesday, October 05, 2021

A Restful Weekend?

Man I have been on the go. Friday I worked well into the afternoon. Was supposed to take off half the day but wound up working almost 8 hours. Had 21 for Ceil’s mother’s birthday dinner. Lasagna and chicken tetrazzini. Salad. Two cakes, one caramel icing that later Winnie got hold of.

Since I woke up early Friday morning to work, I went to bed around 9:30 Friday evening. Was just so tired from the busy week. Anna left out around 6 am Saturday morning, so I was up for 30 minutes seeing her off, then back to bed for several more hours. Good sleep, but Saturday my back was hurting from being in the bed for so long.

Grits and eggs for Friday breakfast. Chicken salad sandwich for Friday lunch. Saturday lunch was leftover lasagna. Later a chicken salad sandwich, then later still a BBQ sandwich. Later I picked up supper at a Mexican place.

Watched the end of ESPN College Gameday, then GA/Arkansas. Had GT/Pitt on the other TV. Later SC vs Troy and Bama/Ole Miss, with the nightcap of BC@Clemson. Also played on my computer.

Got more decent sleep Saturday night. Packed and left out about 10:30. Stopped by to see Uncle Lennie and Aunt Corrine, and their new puppy. Lunch was a Publix sub sandwich. Then C dropped my off at my hotel in downtown Augusta. My room overlooked the river, and the Greenjackets new stadium across the way. 

I checked in early, then went to the driving range.
Milkshake from Steak & Shake. Back to the room to shower and rest.

Walked to a good eating spot, but it was closed for renovations. Went back to the hotel to eat. 

Burger, sweet potato fries, and turtle cheesecake. All my coworkers were arriving too late to eat. Later back in my room I had to do some work for an hour.

Woke late Monday morning, but still arrived to the golf course in Aiken in plenty of time. A great day for golf. A nice cool morning and cloud cover. Played with coworker Brad, who I had to coach on club selection lest he overshoot the green. Also young Molly from EZGo, who thankfully played junior golf in her youth. We used many of her tee shots from the advanced women’s tees, as well as plenty of her second shots. I hit several decent shots, one or two per hole (as well as many stinkers). I hit one to within ten feet of the cup, from over 100 yards out. Hit two or three other greens from the fairway as well. A good time.

After a Chickfila box lunch I started back to Atlanta. Hit several bad thunderstorms on the way. Usually I’ll stop for an ice cream on the way back, but opted for chicken fingers from Zaxbys for an early supper. Made it home in time for 6:30 small group. Went to bed around 9:30.

Got to sleep til 7 am this morning, since we had a 9 am appointment. Made it to work by noon and started digging out on everything I’d missed.

I need to get a haircut.  

Proverbs 17:2: A servant who acts wisely will rule over a son who acts shamefully, and will share in the inheritance among brothers.

Five signs you are smarter than average. I posted this a few years ago. At least 3 out of 5 ain’t bad.

1. You have anxiety issues.

2. You are left-handed.

3. You learned to read at an early age.

4. You took music lessons as a kid.

5. You are funny. 

Spied this Dutch masters Cigars bobblehead in a convenience store outside of Aiken. Later looked up several on eBay.

No comments: