Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Is it only Tuesday?

Good game yesterday. Far from perfect. Hated to see Anderson pulled so early, but the gamble paid off. PH Pederson hit the 3 run home run. Duvall was chastised for his horrific baserunning blunder, which loomed large the rest of the game. According to Snitker, Duvall ran on his own. Dansby pulled several clutch defensive plays, helping the Braves get out of the decisive no outs with runners on second and third situation. Second straight shutout for the Braves pitching staff.

A nice sunny day, not too hot. Glad I wore long sleeves to battle the sun. We were sitting in the upper deck of the outfield with the sun beating down. Second row, but it was hard for me to see the ball after it was put into play. The players looked like ants.

I drove Will and Joel and Charles Norman to the game, where we met Josiah, who’d played baseball and basketball with Will in high school. Their secret parking spot is no better than mine, a long uphill walk. We made it to the game before first pitch, and stayed to the end. Dropped them off at Joel’s house off Bolton Road, and made it back to church in time for small group.

Got my lucky Braves watch to wear during the game. Wearing a Braves golf shirt today. Yesterday I wore different Braves socks than I’d worn during the Friday loss, along with my Braves long sleeve tee and Braves Uecker jersey. Joel also wore a cream colored jersey. Will and Charles wore Braves t-shirts, and we all wore Braves caps. Dude in front of me wore the exact same New Era stretch fit low-rise home cap as me. In the sea of fans wearing jerseys I saw one couple both wearing 60’s era Hank Aaron jerseys.

After the game three young men complimented me on the jersey choice, a nod to the Brewers longtime hall of fame announcer. They were wearing nice sneakers. One wore a Crackers jersey, the other a Braves style ATL-iens Outcast jersey, similar to the one Dansby wore yesterday morning.

During the game I also switched between glasses, sunglasses, and no glasses depending on how the team was doing. I happened to be holding a game program when Pederson hit his shot, so I held it the rest of the game. I know all these machinations don’t really impact the game, but it’s fun to do. Might’ve helped Will Smith pitch the scoreless ninth.

Made it into the office before 7 am for the second straight day. Trying to get a bunch knocked out today. Already found a shipment that I’d lined up over a month ago that never got picked up. One step forward, two steps back.

I try to post to my blog every day. It takes time, but it’s fun, it’s made me more introspective and a better writer, and is a record of things going on in my family and other things I’m interested in. Sometimes I have a lot to post, sometimes not. Sometimes it’s hard to find time to post. Yesterday I planned on posting pictures from the Braves game, but after getting home late from small group I really didn’t want to drag out my computer. Instead I posted a few pictures but will have to go back and add captions.

Jesus is the only way. This morning Tony Dungy is being bombarded for saying Jon Gruden should be forgiven should he repent. Dungy holds to a biblical view, and others are chastising Dungy for his biblical views.

Taqueria - Anna said she’s been talking to George every time she eats there.

Denison: In The Hungering Dark, Frederick Buechner writes: "If darkness is meant to suggest a world where nobody can see very well—either themselves, or each other, where they are heading, or where they are standing at the moment; if darkness is meant to convey a sense of uncertainty, of being lost, of being afraid; if darkness suggests conflict, conflict between races, between nations, between individuals each pretty much out for himself when you come right down to it; then we live in a world that knows much about darkness. Darkness is what our newspapers are about. Darkness is what most of our best contemporary literature is about. Darkness fills the skies over our own cities no less than over the cities of our enemies. And in our single lives, we know much about darkness too. If we are people who pray, darkness is apt to be a lot of what our prayers are about. If we are people who do not pray, it is apt to be darkness in one form or another that has stopped our mouths."

No comments: