Friday, October 15, 2021

Hoarders

My old friend in Cumming who hosts the hot stove meetings has a basement filled with cards and magazines and bats and caps and bobbleheads. Whenever anyone up there dies, the family gives the baseball stuff to him. I was thinking about making up a list of all my junk, and who gets what when I die. Bobbleheads, Braves and other jerseys, rarely worn Stance athletic socks, my collection of Columbia PFG fishing shirts. And other Braves junk, like caps. What do you want? I'd better start selling it off.

When I retire I'll have more time to work on my scrapbook calendar. I'll try to get the company to get me the next year's calendar as a retirement gift. Spent 45 minutes on the phone yesterday trying to get two simple transactions completed. Had to set up a Monday call to finish. Nothing is ever easy.

Dodgers bested the Giants. Gonna be a tough go for the Braves, whose salary level is more than half the Dodgers. Soler is out with covid, joining all-stars Acuna, Soroka, and Ozuna on the pine. Even with the home field advantage, no way the Braves advance against that pitching staff and lineup.

Aaron Murray thinks Stetson should be the starter even after JT returns from injury. I love me some Stetson, just not sure he can beat Bama. JT will need some playing time at the end of the season to tune back up. Still got a long way to go. Florida will bring their A game Saturday week.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/former-georgia-star-reveals-his-choice-to-start-at-qb/ar-AAPxvNn?ocid=entnewsntp

Florida will wear all orange in Death Valley tomorrow night against LSU. Rooting for the Gators, so they'll have the big head coming into Jacksonville.

https://thespun.com/sec/florida/look-florida-reveals-special-uniform-combo-for-lsu-game

Not as much football this weekend. Clemson plays Friday night, but we'll be at the Joel Norman wedding reception. KY@GA at 3:30. Tech has a bye week. Maybe I'll be able to watch Alabama. Or get some work done around the house. And watch the Braves.

Any thoughts about Alabama football? I say this loss will make them even tougher to beat. Might've been better for UGA if Bama had gone through the season undefeated.

Did I hear where the NCAA is considering expanding the March Madness? It was 64 and now what, 68? Who pays attention to the play-in games?

Worked past seven Tuesday night, after arriving at the office before 7 am. Wednesday I was early driving over to Marietta, so I had time to stop by two thrift stores. On the way home I stopped by another two thrift stores, Wendy's, RaceTrac, the bank, and Dicks Sporting Goods. Got a new baseball belt and compression socks. I know, they don't go together.

M and C cooked stir fry on Wednesday night.

I left work around 5:20 Thursday after a tough day. Two steps back. Stopped by the driving range and Dollar Tree. C cooked a chicken dish, lumpy mashed potatoes, and steamed broccoli

MARK GRACE  [B-R Bio] hit the first home run into the pool in Arizona's Bank One Ballpark. Grace reached the pool on 12-May-1998, the first to do so. The BOB is now Chase Field. Grace is a proud member of the 50/500 doubles club. He racked up 511 doubles (good for 56th all-time) and had a season (1995) with 51 to lead the NL. In 10 of his career's 16 years, he had more than 30 doubles. The year Grace reached his career high in home runs, he finished 53 behind the league leader at his position. He finished 1998 with 17 home runs, just slightly behind Mark McGwire's record setting 70.

No comments: