Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Blind Squirrel Finds Nut?

GT BB HC Damon Stoudamire is just the third first-year ACC head coach to beat both Duke and UNC in the last 30 seasons, joining Sidney Lowe and Kevin Keatts. GT/UNC: hopefully the win is a step in the right direction. Something they needed. A week or two ago I heard that the new coach had let the team have it for not playing in games like they did in practice.

News: yesterday I worked past 620. Was feeling better but not good enough to stop anywhere. Got home and C asked me to take Winnie outside. I did, and it was obvious she needed to go, despite C having taken her out earlier in the afternoon. Then after supper W was acting like she needed to go out again, so I took her. Then after going to bed, Winnie told me FOUR more times throughout the night that she needed to go outside. And she did. She was sick all day today as well.

Good that it wasn’t too cold last night. I put on a jacket, cap, and sneakers to go outside, but the night chill wasn’t the greatest for my cough and recent sickness. I slept better, except for all the interruptions. I’m no better today than yesterday. Still have the cough and some aches, though I have taken some pills to help me recover. Seems like I’ve been sick two or three times this past month. Been works long hours, but had thought I’d had a good month exercising. I think I need to rest more!

Looks like the weather might let me get in a round of golf on Saturday morning. Haven’t played in 3 weeks.

Supper was chicken teriyaki stir fry. Good, but C thought it too salty. Not sure we even turned on the TV. I finally dragged out my laptop for the first time since Friday, so I had some catching up to do.

Skipped the gym and slept too late, until 645. Left home at 720 and thought I’d be late, but made it to work with 5 minutes to spare.

Charles Spurgeon: “Without Christ there is no hope.”

Steve Martin Reveals His Secrets in the two-part AppleTV documentary ‘Steve!’. Two completely separately produced features: (1) his early days, narrated by Steve with previously unreleases footage, and (2) searching for meaning in his later years, through writing, music, films, and television.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/steve-martin-documentary-first-look-awards-insider__;!!AE29DT8V!VW-Xu9Mj9Ueqn83aWnF287BK9CDwlOMOxKa1WkGmvVpWUIWYVAUbpACoXRNiOB_J-cXse6wabp5uwwkoM5I$

HANK GREENBERG [SABR Bio] was the last pre-expansion player with 100 of each of these stats in the same season: bases-on-balls, runs, RBI, and extra-base hits. In 1937, Greenberg collected 102 BB, 137 runs, 184 RBI, and 103 XBH. Here is everybody with such a season. His RBI total for that season is only one short of the AL record. Greenberg’s 184 RBI in 1937 is second only to Lou Gehrig’s 185 in 1931. The all-time best RBI season still belongs to the Cubs’ Hack Wilson. His 191 in 1930 was a record Babe Ruth said would never be broken. ew York Giants’ manager John McGraw passed on Greenberg, finding him “too clumsy”. McGraw also gave up on Hall of Famer Hack Wilson for similar reasons. Hank’s birthday is “1-11-11” (01-Nov-1911).

No comments: