Wednesday, January 24, 2024

In Contempt of Court

I had to appear in court this afternoon in Roswell, to clear up the traffic ticket when I only had an ID card instead of a license. As usual work is slammed.

Made it to court with 15 minutes to spare. They opened the doors and had us come inside, me and the other scoff-laws. We had to turn off our phones, so there was nothing to do except sit and wait. I was holding the ticket in my hands. I studied it.

They called up a lawyer first. He had realized he had missed the court date. He finished his business and went away. While the next person was helped, I realized that the 24 on my ticket was not the day of court, but the year. I was supposed to be in court on Jan 23 – yesterday! Great, I messed up.

I looked around and went back to talk to the police officer standing guard at the door. He directed me to the next door. There the lady took my ticket and new driver’s license and told me to sit and wait. Then another guy walked in, who had done the same thing. Another lady tried to help me. She was going to reschedule my court date to March. I noticed on the form that the fine was $740.00. Ouch!'

Then the first lady came back. She had fixed the ticket. My case was dismissed, since I had renewed my license. I was free to go!

To celebrate I stopped by Taco Bell. First fast food of the year.

Worked past six last night. Ceil made chicken fajitas and kale.

Lifted weights at the gym this morning. According to this article on How to Get Fit in Your 40s and Beyond, lifting weights is the key.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.askmen.com/fitness/workout/how-to-get-fit-in-your-40s-and-beyond.html__;!!AE29DT8V!XQIwUnz7iVl01duCRW65wGsbwOcjuhFAPUtR7SCH9hknR1GLx2pegZUNtDbnF9Odb2H45e1yRi9pKJGwXBk$

CONNIE MACK   [SABR Bio] was the first catcher to have five hundred plate appearances in a season. Playing for the Buffalo Bisons in the Players League in 1890, Mack came up to bat 570 times, a career high. But due to the lack of complete game log box scores, there’s no way to eliminate the possibility that one of these three other catchers didn’t get to 500 PA before Mack did. He invested his entire savings in his new team, but lost it all when the league folded after the season. Mack poured $500 into the Bisons in 1890, but the Players League only lasted one year. Mack managed 7,755 games from 1894-1950, the most ever.

From Emily Post to Netflix’s Mind Your Manners, etiquette never goes out of style. Good stuff.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.vox.com/the-highlight/23962742/etiquette-history-emily-post-manners-respect__;!!AE29DT8V!R0XHnu2eQkPBkWYdx_yOEag5OowwnH6Bs9coGC3_8FL-8xoLR-iUMxDhRPUx0qhPePX3WGAcSZ-pdHK5XRE$

Matthew Broderick on Playing 'Richard Sackler' in 'Painkiller' – the Netflix series on opiates. Might have to check it out.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.netflix.com/tudum/articles/painkiller-matthew-broderick__;!!AE29DT8V!XmT5tYHfNcVFUvu4Cah5n0lq_4PIcqghzZ_a9MZ4GDmwmr1EfVdtGwT7LrFMz3DY5Rqh7NYGvlE5YBkjMMQ$

No comments: