Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Nick Saban Retires


Respect. More on Saint Saban in the next few days.

The Braves lower AA team in Pearl Mississippi will be relocating to Columbus GA in 2025. Might have to go take in a game, though it is kinda far. Here’s the distance I live from each ballpark.

011 Truist Park

030 Coolray Field Gwinnett Stripers

064 Rome Emperors

130 Columbus Braves

170 Augusta GreenJackets

109 Chattanooga Lookouts

148 Greenville Drive

202 Asheville Tourists

235 Columbia SC Fireflies

240 Nashville Sounds

224 Tennessee Smokies Knoxville

247 Charlotte Knights

345 Pensacola Blue Wahoos

383 Myrtle Beach Pelicans

451 Cincinnati Reds Great American Ballpark

505 Tampa Bay Rays Tropicana Field

556 Braves spring training

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.batterypower.com/2024/1/9/24032148/atlanta-braves-double-a-affiliate-will-move-to-columbus-georgia-in-2025__;!!AE29DT8V!Q9Ps1yRoyVweGT-Nt059ESj3lFk2OdGEZmRDDDJHPoE09-JeefRdtKdV7-ZScy8PyYFCO5iMzfm7iRmS-QU$

Tonight I’m headed up north of Cumming for the Hot Stove meeting. I missed the get togethers in November and December.

Next door to my office is the old Peachtree Windows and Doors warehouse. Used to be a guy who worked there who drove a royal blue Buick decked out with Braves logos and feathers and such. A sweet ride. One day I saw it parked at the Duluth Chickfila, and snapped a photo. Pretty sure I posted it to my social media. Last night a hugely popular Twitter account posted my picture of the car. It wasn’t the first time he did this. I replied, taking the photo credit.

For 2024 I downloaded a new app on my phone. Every day I take a one second video of something I am doing, and at the end of the year I get a six minute video of my year. Coworkers Rachel and Angie have done it, so I will give it a try.

C seems to like me being home, sitting with her on the couch at night, or driving her places. She hates to admit it. When I drive her, that is hours I could be cleaning the house or doing yardwork, or some of the fun projects I want to do. But it is good to hang out together.

I have 2 pills that I rotate every day. Life is much better if I don’t forget. I have all my vitamins here at work that I usually don’t forget to take every day. If I do forget I have a few vitamins at home that I can take, that I use on the weekends. Then when I went to SC and got sick, I didn’t have any that I had taken with me.

Tomorrow I will tell you the reaction I got from M when I told him I was taking him to the Rolling Stones concert. He was excited! Others I could have taken...Ceil, Lang, David Hurt, friend Eddie, cousin Teresa, boss Shane, or you.

Not much on my end. At work yesterday we had leftover sandwiches from Jason’s Deli. Might have more leftovers today. Worked past 6 pm. Stopped (1) for gas, (2) Dollar Tree, and (3) a convenience store. At the convenience store I always pay with change, trying to use up a huge jar of pennies that M had left behind. My friend Amu, the cashier, loves getting pennies (I think), so he doesn’t have to break a new roll.

No comments: