Friday, September 06, 2024

Rookie Of The Year

Another day, another fascinating Caitlin Clark stat. Caitlin joins Magic, Isaiah Thomas, and Oscar Robertson as the only rookies with 500 points and 200 assists before their 30th game.

Currently reading “The Atlas Maneuver” by Steve Berry, the 18th edition of his Cotton Malone series. Usually Berry is spot on, but Atlas claims the saying “The enemy of my enemy is my friend” came from the Gospel of John. It may be an ancient proverb, but it’s not Biblical.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_enemy_of_my_enemy_is_my_friend

I’ve been too busy to say, but my small group time on Tuesday night was real sweet. Kind of a mini spiritual high. And of course Satan comes along out of the blue on Wednesday morning in an effort to completely discourage me. Made for a really rough day. An issue that will take several days to resolve.

Wednesday: C didn’t want to cook, and agreed to go to Pappasitos. She doesn’t like to go “because it’s so far away” (20 minutes). But when I got home to pick her up I realized my $15.00 Marlow’s birthday reward was expiring, so we went there. A good burger and ton of fries. C wasn’t crazy about her salmon. Service was slow, but i wasn't in a hurry.

Saturday gametimes

1200 GT@Syracuse

0200 TennTech@UGA

0600 dinner reservations

0700 UT Chattanooga @ Georgia State

0730 Colorado@Nebraska QBs S Sanders vs D Raiola

0800 App State @ Clemson

Every morning on the way to work I pull into RaceTrac on Peachtree Industrial to get my free Diet Mtn Dew. The four regular cashiers there know me, and we exchange greetings. Thursday morning I wasn’t thinking. I noticed the current price of gas at the RaceTrac ($2.969, up 12 cents form yesterday). As I approached the RaceTrac I considered getting gas, but my tank was still over half full. Gas there is cheapest on Wednesdays, and would be even higher on Friday and Monday. Then I realized I had forgotten to stop for my drink. I was able to make a right at the light and pull in to RaceTrac using the side entrance. Decided to go ahead and top off on gas as well.

DENISON: Amazon’s Alexa gives drastically different answers for why people should vote for Kamala Harris than with former president Donald Trump. 

DoJ alleges Russian interference through Tenet Media (denisonforum.org)

Man I hope I am still out walking when I am 89.

I love the Grizzlies colors and logos. Bears are cool.

No comments: