Monday, September 23, 2024

Saturday Intown

Friday night I stayed at the office past 6 pm. C was late getting home as well. She fixed leftover spaghetti.

Up early to golf. Got to Candler Park before 645. Rolled my push cart to the 1st tee, then went over to take a picture of the sunrise. When I came back my push cart was gone. It had rolled off the tee and down the hill toward the 8th tee box. Had it not crashed into a big tree stump, it would’ve continued rolling down across the 7th fairway on down to a wooded area. Might not have ever found it in the dark, except for the tracks in the morning dew.

By the time I had retrieved the cart, my playing partner GT had pulled up. We teed off in the twilight.

1.  Decent hybrid off the tee, to the left side of the fairway. Flubbed a 7 iron way across to the right rough. Bad chip, then a better one. Two putt. Double. 

2. Decent 7 iron off the tee that hooked into the left rough. Never found it. Okay chip. Two putt for a “bogey “.

3. Skidded my 8 iron off the tee. Got an okay roll down the hill. Chipped to fringe. Chipped onto green. Sank the putt for a bogey.

4. Hit a better than usual 7 iron off the tee. Had cut down on my swing velocity and it helped. The shot didn’t hook as much, and landed in the fairway short of the green. Chipped onto the green and just missed the uphill par putt. Bogey.

5. Real good tee shot to the front fringe. Chip didn’t go as far as I wanted. Could’ve putted it closer but I needed the chipping practice. Good lag putt. Sank the bogey putt.

6. My tee shot sailed right. Flubbed a 5 iron, then skidded my next shot as well. Then I hit a nice long chip shot onto the green. Two putt for a double.

7. Finally hit a good hybrid off the tee. Hit it straight but low. Flubbed my next shot right, then hit a good mulligan, a hybrid off the fairway. They never travel as far as I’d like. But I landed my wedge shot onto the green. Good lag putt on the sloped green. A good “bogey” on a long hole.

8. Hit a good drive. GT hit his even better. My approach was short, but then my next chip hit the flagstick. Sank the putt for a par.

9. Pushed my 3 wood right. Mulligan was better. My chip stayed right. Chipped it close, and sank the bogey putt.

Grabbed breakfast at the Howell Mill Wendy’s. It wasn’t good.

Then over to the Northside Drive Goodwill, where several of us had to wait while the employee slowly put out a basketful of shoes. When he finished, this one jerk quickly grabbed 4 pairs of Nikes. I found a cool Braves shirt and a Clemson tie, that would’ve been perfect at last week’s wedding.

Then over to W&MC’s to sit the girls. Ham & cheese sandwich for lunch. We all napped after taking a short walk on the Atlanta Beltline. Shivonne pointed out the way she walks to school every day. She seems to be liking it more.

Will got off work early, so we all went to Bellwood Coffee for their special evening event, with cocktails and burgers.

I like burgers where the meat and cheese is slightly bigger then the bun. Hate it when you can’t see the burger patty. You would’ve liked those Bellwood burgers (below) – that’s what they were like. One time here in the past year I went thru the drive thru at Wendys and they forgot the meat on my burger. They remembered the lettuce tomato pickles onion ketchup mustard, so at least it wasn’t just the bread. Almost went to Wendys for lunch today but opted for a protein shake instead.

Bellwood was packed inside and outside with young families. Joel Norman was doing great business. His wife Addie was there, and son. Willis Norman was also working the event. David Norman was there, with wife Beth, his daughter, and new baby daughter Lucy - who looks just like a Norman.

MC's brother Thomas was there, with wife Holly. Thomas just accepted a promotion from Google to move to Silicon Valley in California. Holly was wearing the same Nike sneakers that I just got. Also saw Joel's neighbor Mark, who used to be MC's boss. C and I are meeting with Mark on Wednesday. Didn't get home until almost 8 pm.

Trying to watch The Voice, which can be a good show. Talented singers. The interplay between the judges is fun. Snoop adds even more fun. But the last couple of years the show has just gotten too woke. Tonight it was just an anti-Trump campaign ad. I turned it off. They just lost a viewer.

No comments: