Friday, September 27, 2024

Whatever Happened to Don Bessilieu?

When I was at Tech, the Jackets had a beast of a safety, Don Bessilieu. He also doubled as the team's straight-on kickoff man, which was kind of odd. Don went on to play for the Dolphins, Cardinals, and Raiders, plus for two teams in the WFL – including a reunion with his Tech head coach Pepper Rodgers in Memphis.
I recently saw a beast of a tackle that Don had made back for Miami in the day, literally lifting a Bears kickoff returner up over his head and slamming him to the ground. The play was lighting up social media. 
Don succumbed to drug use late In his career, which followed him into retirement. Six years ago, when he was 62 Don was busted for cocaine possession near his hometown of Columbus.
Decided I needed a real Titleist cap to wear to play golf, so I ordered one from Poshmark. It's brand new, but a little more slouchy than I would've liked. As usual, I may be late to the party. Will and Caleb wear these fancy caps with logos I'm not familiar with.
Happened to be looking at a coworker Danny's social media. We're not friends, so I officially snooping. Saw something incredibly interesting – he may have known former Falcon DE John Zook. Now I have to tell him that I was snooping on him, so I can ask him about Zook. Danny is cool, so it will only be embarrassing for me.

Almost talked myself out of going to the Braves game Tuesday, but decided I needed the adventure in my life.

C hasn't been watching many Hallmark movies lately. She's been watching a BBC series called "Death in Paradise" about a all work no play London detective transplanted to a laid back tropical island, that seems to have a murder just about every week. I watch it out of one eye while playing on my laptop. C also watches football and The Voice.

Stayed at the office working on stuff past 6 pm Monday evening. Stopped by Dollar Tree. Ceil cooked Mexican, and I piled everying up over a bed of chips. Good stuff. Watched Jaguars@Bills. Should've checked out the Bengals but didn't.

Skipped the gym Tuesday morning because I walked 3+ miles in the heat to and from the Braves game.

Man I left the office Wednesday at 2 pm and headed out on the highway. Rain and traffic bad. Mark had given us the option of waiting until next week, but only when both C and I were out in traffic with our GPSs telling us that we would be late was I able to convince C that we should reschedule. I didn't want to return to the office on Peachtree Industrial so I turned west over to Spaulding. Decided to stop at Wendys, and then decided to just go home.

With the storm coming I finally decided to clean out the garage, and fit both cars inside. That was a big task. Also waxed my car, no small task either. Supper was Ceil's sausage pasta. She watched Death in Paradise, then I turned on a Peyton Manning Bill Belichick program.

Angel Reese Inexplicably Received 4th Place WNBA MVP Vote which confounded the writer of this article.


SHOHEI OHTANI [B-R Bio] was the first player to win a league MVP unanimously twice, in 2021 & 2023. He's very likely to do it again in 2024. In only seven seasons in the majors, he complied a higher WAR value than Hall of Famers Trevor Hoffman, Harold Baines, Lee Smith, Rich Gossage, Bruce Sutter or Catfish Hunter. Ohtani's WAR was 42.9. He played for the Nippon Ham Fighters for 5 seasons in Japan.

No comments: