Friday, October 23, 2020

First Bite: Shane's Rib Shack


Thursday lunch: Shane’s Rib Shack. I ordered it as takeout, but there was almost no one in the restaurant so I decided to eat there, so the food would be hotter / better. Very good BBQ. Fries were good too – crispy not soggy. Not a fan of the Texas toast bun but since I ate there it was warm and crispy as well, not soggy. Usually with BBQ I will get Brunswick stew or potato salad, but I just got the fries. Good stuff.

Week 6 ESPN Total QB Rating

1. 96.6 Mac Jones Alabama

2. 93.1 Kyle Trask Florida

3. 91.1 Trevor Lawrence Clemson junior

4. 87.2 Stetson Bennett IV Georgia junior

29. 68.1 J Travis new FSU starter

30. 67.7 C Brown Georgia State

33. 67.0 Shae Werts Georgia Southern

40. 62.6 Sam Howell UNC media darling

52. 53.4 J Guarantano Tenn turnover machine

61. 46.9 Chase Bryce Duke senior

70. 36.6 Jeff Sims GT (out of less than 80 QBs) 

At dinner Tuesday night W&MC told us about Joel Norman’s wedding. Saturday morning the guys played several games of basketball, playing to 11 or 21. Three on three or 4 on 4. Occasionally they would mix up the teams. Joel’s team lost every time. When he finally won a game, they stopped playing.

Wednesday: worked until about 5:45. At lunch I had gone to the post office, where the wait was long. Should’ve gone to UPS. Dropped off several boxes at our shipping office on the way back, to ship to our customer. Parked in the back. Stopped by Dollar Tree on the way home for Halloween candy, but this location didn’t have a good selection.

Stopped by Moxie Burger on the way home. Ceil had Chickfila for lunch, so I picked up a burger and fries to split. She also tossed a salad. Watched a Hallmark movie Under the Autumn Moon. 

Thursday: left out early this morning to vote. Arrived at 6:35 and was about 30th in line. Voted and walked out at 7:17 am. To reward myself I stopped by McDonalds for a chicken McGriddle. I’d forgotten the chicken was spicy. Arrived at work ten minutes late, which I’ll make up for this afternoon.

When I was in line to vote I was smelling someone’s perfume and I didn’t want to be sneezing in line. I heard some poll workers talking, and they were acting like there were fewer people in line early today than any previous day. I figured last week would be super busy because it was the first week of early voting. Next week will be busy because it’s the last week of early voting, and this week Monday and Friday would be the worst days. Sounds like it hit it just right. My nose was running when I had on my mask when we were saying goodbye to Barney. 

Ceil went to vote Thursday afternoon with her friends. Might’ve taken 45 minutes. I worked to about 5:25 before leaving for home. Stopped by Kroger on the way home. Ceil was at small group so I grabbed a frozen pizza. Plopped down on the couch and played on my laptop all night. Got a decent amount done, more than usual.

We gotta go to Richmond in November for a wedding, so we might make it a little longer trip than usual. Trying to talk Ceil into a Destin trip as well, if there is any availability. This morning she talked to the girl at the UGA vet crematorium, so she was sad. 

I was thinking Clemson played Notre Dame this weekend, but it is next weekend. Clemson plays Syracuse at noon. Tech travels to Boston College at 4 pm. Gotta get the oil changed in Ceil’s car. Just got it back from M on Tuesday.

OK Café is not my favorite. Ceil always liked that place, but we haven’t been since it reopened after the fire.

Seinfeld has a new book out. I’ll start reading it soon. Or to be more precise, start listening to the audiobook. Read by the author, so that should be good. Neil Patrick Harris read his book, and it was hilarious. Martin Short read his autobiography I Must Say, and it was good. I liked Tina Fey’s book better than Amy Poehler’s. I checked out Aziz Ansari’s book Modern Romance figuring it had to be funny. Instead it was a well-researched, almost scientific investigation into romance. It was supposed to be funny and I kept waiting, but eventually he lost me. Maybe I should’ve kept going. 

Did I tell you that on Netflix I stumbled onto an old video of Letterman interviewing Seinfeld at LA’s Pauley Center, not long after Comedians in Cars first came out. Interesting details about Jerry’s show. At the end they took questions from the audience.

Between this new blog interface, making it harder for an old guy like me to edit, format, and post pictures throughout the post, and my email constantly mixing up the fonts and typeface size, most of my posts these days look terrible. Perhaps I’ll figure it out one day.

Author Rob Dreher: “Reading this AP story this morning (regarding ACB serving on the board of a longtime Christian school, upholding Christian values), though, has reminded me again of the contempt the left has for Christians like me, and our institutions, which they will demonize as a precursor to destroying them. The story has re-centered me on the critical importance of the federal judiciary as likely the last thing standing between Christian schools and institutions, and the progressive mob. I’m going to be thinking about this all the way through to election day, and I hope you Christian readers — especially those in swing states — will too”. 

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.theamericanconservative.com_dreher_amy-2Dconey-2Dbarrett-2Dlgbt-2Dleft-2Dis-2Dcoming-2Dfor-2Dchristian-2Dschools-2Dantidiscrimination_&d=DwIFAg&c=UXihhqr7vvdA-hrKyTiC1Q&r=wMWwaEbn9nr4zXI4p6CDP7FGwn1DrBd77MJElrWsP6U&m=XoOlSFBDyzLBKxWr5XKkCvTvPXNK3vtaV7h_5gstRmE&s=1z3tZb5Mqg1y4ow_BOGY88XURIpuC9MDRYZ7qySMLig&e=  

Younger people are marrying and having children at a rate far less than in the past. 

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.theamericanconservative.com_dreher_no-2Dfamilies-2Dno-2Dchildren-2Dno-2Dfuture-2Dlgbt-2D30-2Dpercent-2Dcarle-2Dc-2Dzimmerman_&d=DwIFAg&c=UXihhqr7vvdA-hrKyTiC1Q&r=wMWwaEbn9nr4zXI4p6CDP7FGwn1DrBd77MJElrWsP6U&m=V1pM2c-CELE0K8lLkXustqCz30YJRtONPdNLwqpbqe8&s=uaO5Y57x8AF4HBfcTkkXFR4Ic8PanK36jshBOZDew6I&e=  

Facebook is censoring people based on their politics. 

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.theamericanconservative.com_dreher_facebook-2Dbret-2Dweinstein-2Dlive-2Dnot-2Dby-2Dlies_&d=DwIFAg&c=UXihhqr7vvdA-hrKyTiC1Q&r=wMWwaEbn9nr4zXI4p6CDP7FGwn1DrBd77MJElrWsP6U&m=iC1HZcZQRBdPLyWRXNx8urTTMNSduYpIPnxJOBHXo3k&s=x8z5DK_aW5uDMGxV-hAtDMoQdwJ1_TY4c0Q1XoRe9DY&e= 

No comments: