Friday, October 16, 2020

Irresistible Force vs. Immovable Object

Georgia’s defense ranks second in the nation in least yards allowed per game, behind Houston. The Dawgs lead the SEC with the least points allowed per game. 

Alabama’s defense is 11th worst in the country, and 4th worst in the SEC, over 250 more yards per game than Georgia.

Georgia has faced the 5th, 7th, & 8th ranked defenses in the conference. Bama has faced the 6th, 9th, & 14th ranked SEC defenses.

YD/G..PT/Game

236.7 12.3  1. Georgia

279.8 13.3  0. Clemson

285.7 26.3  2. Miss State

330.3 25.3  3. South Carolina

359.3 24.3  4. Kentucky

384.7 27.7  5. Tennessee (UGA opponent

400.3 34.0  6. Texas A&M (Bama opponent)

411.0 25.3  7. Arkansas (UGA opponent)

421.0 22.7  8. Auburn (UGA opponent)

438.3 38.0  9. Missouri (Bama opponent)

448.8 31.5  0. Georgia Tech 

451.7 33.0  10. Vandy

473.0 30.3  11. Alabama

494.7 32.0  12. LSU

495.0 33.3  13. Florida

641.3 51.7  14. Ole Miss (Bama opponent)

While Bama’s offense may be better than Georgia’s, the Tide have not faced anywhere near as good a defense as Georgia’s. Statistically, UGA has faced far better defenses than Bama’s.

560.3 51.0 Alabama

495.5 42.3 Clemson

453.0 25.8 Georgia Tech

420.0 36.0 Georgia

Should be a good game – GA/AL, that is. Clemson will crush Georgia Tech.

Clemson@GT at noon

GA@AL at 8 pm

I did the research for this post earlier this week, and actually saved and thought up the title yesterday. Just now while making sure I spelled "immovable" correctly, I stumbled across this similar article. Maybe I was onto something. 

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/No-2-Alabama-vs-No-3-Georgia-football-game-pits-Crimson-Tides-prolific-offense-against-Bulldogss-miserly-defense-153054114/

One of my hair-brained ideas was to hang up a collection of license plates in the utility room of my garage. When I bought my grandfather’s house, there were several old Georgia plates in his garage from the early 60’s. I basically have every Georgia plate for the past 60 years. Other plates: 96 Rock (2), Braves, Falcons, Oakland Athletics, Elvis, Disney World, various car dealerships, CarMax, Georgia Tech, Clemson, a few South Carolina plates, Olympics (2), Nucor, Rockies, UGA 4-H, Dodgers, Diamondbacks, St. George's island, and more. There’s been a UGA plate on the Jeep since Anna drove it in college, though I’ve considered changing it to 96 Rock, an Atlanta classic.  I mounted my old Braves 1995 World Champions frame on the back of my Corolla. Kinds fits in with the old car look.

At six we rode with my other friend Reid and wife Noelle to our first Sunday School gathering since the covid began. We were going to meet Sunday morning but the rain washed out our outside venue. We met in a field by a creek, on the property of one of the teachers. Plenty of room to spread out. Everyone wore masks. We gathering to send off three missionary couples back to the field.

A time of singing, worshipping, and praying, with 46 in attendance. We sat in a huge circle, like 25 yards in diameter. At least five newcomers attended, who had previously only met with our class online. Three babies had been born since we'd last met. The 46 included at least 8 children, who played separately.


Say a prayer for Barney. Hasn't eaten all week. Ceil is beside herself. May go to a different vet today for an ultrasound. Could be as bad as cancer. Sometimes he perks up. Sometimes he watches TV. Today Ceil took over to the Vet School over in Athens, where he's spending the weekend taking nourishment intravenously.

Late Thursday I had to drive over to pick up parts at a vendor a mile away. The Owner is in his 80's and still works to keep active. His son runs the business but the owner enjoys hanging around. Got to visit with him, then came back and got the parts to the shipping office.

At five I drove home. M was there picking up a carload of his music equipment. He stayed while C was on the phone with the vet. 

Got home at nine and watched the rest of the Braves. Good stuff. Gonna be a late one tonight - 8:30 start.

Anna has an interview with a company in Buckhead, to do graphic design work.

Denison: The American Bar Association, which rates federal judges, noted that it has found Judge Barrett to be "well qualified," its highest rating...She knew that the confirmation process would be "really difficult," but Barrett said she decided to accept the president's nomination in order to serve: "I'm not the only person who can do this job, but I was asked, and it would be difficult for anyone. So why should I say someone else should do the difficulty? If the difficulty is the only reason to say no, I should serve my country."

I worked from home all but 2 days out of 14, and pretty much wore my Crocs and no socks the whole time. Also every night when I get home from work 

Space Hippies look good. Looks like Puma and New Balance are coming out with similar versions. I’ve bought three new pairs of sneakers this year, so I’m trying to slow down. I try to use Amazon gift cards and birthday money, so I feel like I’m not paying full price. After years of hardly wearing sneakers besides when running, in his “old age” Will has finally become a sneakerhead. 

Saturday Joel Norman gets married in Birmingham. Instead of golf, all the guys are playing basketball that morning. Willis Norman will be getting engaged soon. He and his girlfriend have already invested together in a dog, so you know it’s serious. 

Not sure if black shoes with white soles are still a thing, but I have a few of them – even after selling off several pairs to justify buying the Premieres to wear to work. 

Adidas SC Premiere

Adidas Campus

New Balance

fashion sneakers

Air Jordan Eclipse – for sale

Nike Roshe – sold

Nike  - sold

Adidas softspike golf shoes – sold

FootJoy retro racquetball shoes - sold 

No comments: