Thursday, November 18, 2021

All I Want for Christmas

Monday night I saw the church Christmas tree was up. Lights are popping up in the neighborhood. At Lenox tonight they're lighting "The Great Tree". I’m scared to think what Winnie would do to a Christmas tree. Time to make my list, and check it twice.

Braves knit caps for Christmas, from Academy Sports. 10% off code = EM10V3Y18D. Like Brian Snitker, I don’t look good in stocking caps, but I’m a sucker for them.

New Era Braves 2021 World Series Champs Locker Room Knit Hat 29.99 grey black (not the all grey hats with the patch). This was the hat worn by the Braves in the parade. Accept no substitutes. Already sold out. Don’t pay $200,00 on eBay. 

There are two acceptable substitutes:

New Era man’s Braves cheer knit Beanie 19.99 navy red grey

’47 Braves Calgary cuff knit cap 24.99 royal red 


Or ’47 adults Braves raised cuff knit cap 14.99 solid navy (black?)

A pair of FootJoy cold weather golf gloves, black. 

I have plenty of socks, but wear a size 12 sneaker. I don’t need them, but these Space Hippies look cool. And my Apple Watch broke. I’m fine with a series three. 

I saw one of the caps the Braves gave away for sale. Sold during the World Series.

My boss (my age) recently took his wife to Nashville and recommended two things. “Third & Lindsley” is a bar located on the corner of those streets, a few blocks away from the main drag. Every Monday night the session musicians for Vince Gill have a jam session there. Sometimes Vince shows up when he’s not on tour. Others who have stopped in to jam include Bonnie Raitt, Jimmy Buffett, and Reba somebody. $20 cover charge and reservations are needed. They ate at an expensive old steakhouse called Jimmy Kelly’s.

Denison interviewed Ben Carson, who explained his stance on abortion: Originally Carson did not agree with abortion personally, but also believed he had no right to force his belief on women (a common pro-choice explanation). But Carson came to understand that abortion, which treats an unborn child as less than fully human, is very similar to slavery, which treats a person of a different race as less than fully human. Carson asked himself: “What if abolitionists had taken the same position on slavery that I am taking on abortion? What if they had said, ‘I don’t believe in slavery personally, but I don’t want to force my beliefs on slaveholders?’ Where would I be today?  

JEFF BURROUGHS [SABR Bio] was the first #1 overall draft selection to win an RBI title in the majors. Drafted #1 in 1969, his 118 RBI in 1974 led the AL. Burroughs was drafted just ahead of J.R. Richard. Richard was #2 in the 1969 Draft. Jeff later played right field for the Mariners in 1981. He was the first league MVP from an expansion team, in 1974.

No comments: