Friday, November 26, 2021

The Grinch Who Stole Thanksgiving

Woke up grouchy and weary this Thanksgiving morning. NBC's broadcast of the parade was so contrived. "Santa is coming!" "The reindeers love this temperature!" A salute to Broadway musicals. Clips of "stars" from the all-new Saved by the Bell cast all serious, blathering on about what Thanksgiving means to them. "Makes me really happy" and "my dad always butcher the prayer." Zero talk of God. Teens in choir robes backing Foreigner, singing “I want to know what love is”. Not sure the word Christmas was ever mentioned.

A salute to the American Indian. When has that ever happened before? When the Braves do the exact same thing, it’s labeled as pandering. 

All sorts of media outlets and sports teams happy about the Ahmaud Arbery verdict, which was correct and just. But no outcry about the travesty of what happened to Kyle Rittenhouse. So many with access to the truth still spouting untruths and outright lies. And the intentional terrorist attack in Waukesha being reported as a traffic accident, the deaths caused by a car, instead of by a repeat criminal who shouldn't have been let out of jail. 

It’s the hypocrisy that gets me. Focusing on certain woke topics while ignoring facts, crying science while actually not adhering to real science, completely turning their backs on people and events because they don’t fit the narrative. The same people claim imperfect Christians are hypocrites for not being perfect, trusting in man instead of God. Sure, Christians are guilty of the same thing.

I am remiss to even share these feelings. Instead I want to live joyously, thankful and alive in Jesus instead of scornfully pointing out the spec in my neighbor's eye.

Wednesday morning I clocked in at 755. Figured out that I messed up my email on Tuesday. Called the help desk but they still haven't called back. Can still get email on my phone. Not much going on so I left at 1025.

Should've called, Will but he was already playing golf at a course near his house.

Drove down to the golf course and teed off shortly after 11 am. Was playing behind four older gentlemen so I got to take my time, and hit 2-3 balls per shot. Skipped hole 5 so I could get ahead of the foursome. Still three other guys were ahead of me, so I still got to take my time. Could've played a second nine, but didn't.

1. Sliced my driver off the tee, but it wasn't too bad. Okay 6 iron, then hit a 7 iron to the fringe. Two putt. Not bad for me.

2. Decent tee shot and chip to the fringe.

3. Nice 5 iron off tee not far from the green. Was closer than it looks on the photo. Decent chip.
4. Two decent 9 woods off tee, short of the green. Decent chips onto green. Two putt.

5. Skipped hole to play through foursome ahead of me.

6. Great 5 wood off tee. Good 5 iron down middle of fairway. Three good chips, all to the fringe. Two putt.

7. Sliced driver off tee, but it carried further than usual. Good 5 iron over hill, then a cruddy 5 iron sliced right. Great 7 iron from under tree onto green. Two putt.

8. Hit driver off tee low but straight. Rolled down hill to a great position. Nine wood sliced right of green (a second approach shot dribbled left, but rolled down hill. Two chips were long but a third was better. Just missed my "par" putt.

9. Nice 6 iron off tee sailed high and long, but short of green. Good chip. Bad putt.

Drove home, making a few stops along the way. Picked up some groceries for Ceil at Trader Joe's. Been cleaning up and folding laundry. Tired so I finally sat down to rest. Served as Ceil's taster.

No comments: