Monday, November 01, 2021

Moving Day

W&MC brought Shivonne home from the hospital, with a stop by Chickfila on the way. 

M cooked chili and cornbread, and C and I took the meal over to meet the baby.


I had slept until 7:20 this morning and was almost 30 minutes late for work. I’m going to stay on the go all week.

MON: left early to meet Shivonne.

TUE: home for the World Series

WED: concert with three other couples

THUR: family dinner

FRI: dinner in Woodstock with friends

SAT:

700 am inventory at work     

1200 noon Missouri@UGA

1230 pm GT@Miami

730 pm Clemson@Louisville

Both my regular golf partners were no-shows Saturday morning, so I went off by myself, ahead of three slow-playing newcomers. After two days of rain I expected soggy conditions, but was pleasantly surprised with the always wet course. Playing by myself with no other golfers in sight, I was able to work on my game more than usual.

1. Decent six iron off the tee. Flubbed one shot the hit a good six iron. Nice chip.

2. FIrst 9 wood poked right into the woods. Mulligan went straight, but shorter than I’d hoped. Tried three chips, the first rolled off the back of the green, the next two were short.

3. Good tee shot went where I aimed, left of the green. Okay chip to the far fringe. Decent lag putt.

4. Both tee shots went right. Three chips: the first rolled through the green into the standing watr, the second to the back fringe, and the third to the front fringe. Decent putt.

5. Okay five wood drifted right, not quite pin high. One chip not far, the second rolled through the green.

6. Decent driver off the tee, not quite to the big oak tree. Flubbed two five irons, then poked a 9 wood to the right of the fairway. Two decent chips, both short of the green.

7. Hit two tee shots with my driver, both far right. Poked a five iron back onto the fairway, then a decent 9 wood that drifted right. Nice chip onto green.

8. Shot of the day: driver off tee down the hill that stopped in the middle of the fairway. Then a decent iron just short of the green. Two chips, and a decent putt.

9. Teed up two five wood shots too low, resulting in two worm-burners. But then a nice seven iron just short of the green. Decent chip.

Since 1982, every World Series has featured a future, current, or past teammate of John Smoltz.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.mlb.com/news/john-smoltz-world-series-teammate-streak__;!!AE29DT8V!G6k100T9g60mw0aZHFGE98C6mQK8Tyy-fxPk_3Jp0VATEPUvXjgJdLOWyvEqFaQ0snU$

Atlanta’s best breakfast burritos.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.atlantaeats.com/blog/best-breakfast-burritos/__;!!AE29DT8V!HKnSGleZxvmVSybzgshZT_Y2liDA1UWJv5JYXp8x1g96U9KcapES_ZBfOmnP7FaKTso$

DEREK JETER  [SABR Bio] was the first player to win the All-Star MVP and World Series MVP awards in the same season. He won the ASG MVP & WS MVP in 2000. Jeter led the majors in hits twice—once near the beginning of his career and once near the end. He led MLB in hits in 1999 with 219 (his 4th full season) and in 2012 with 216 (the 18th season of his 20-season career). His name translates to one of the things he is best at. The verb jeter in French means “to throw”.

Denison: Ernie Johnson has been called the "father of the century" for adopting a 3 year-old boy  from Romania who had been abandoned at birth. The child had muscular dystrophy and could not walk or speak. Ernie and his wife Cheryl named him Michael. Friday night, he died at the age of thirty-three. Johnson, who is a two-time cancer survivor, was motivated to adopt Michael. During a televised conversation about the 2016 presidential election, he stated: "I never know from one election to the next who's gonna be in the Oval Office, but I always know who's on the throne. And I'm on this earth because God created me, and that's who I answer to. I'm a Christian. I follow a guy named Jesus."

No comments: