My ten favorite shows currently on TV.
1. The Kids Are All Right. Hilarious every week. Like many in the 60’s/70’s, the parents are tough, and more devoted to each other than their kids – which seems strange in this age of helicopter parenting.
2. The Neighborhood: excellent for many reasons. Dave’s enthusiasm. Cedric’s grumpiness. The wives’ friendship. Cedric’s sons.
3. Last Man Standing: still good after all these years. The cancellation and move to Fox has jump-started the show, giving it fresh perspective and renewed enthusiasm.
4. Schooled. I love a good high school sitcom. I’d never watched The Goldbergs, but might have to give it a try.
5. This Is Us. I just started watching this season. May have to go back and start from the beginning.
6. Chicago Med. Excellent characters, though every year the show gets more liberal.
7. New Amsterdam. You root for the main character. He’s implementing liberal policies but they don’t make a big show about it.
8. Fresh Off the Boat. Not as good as it used to be, but still good. Odd that a show set in the 90’s has storylines from present day.
9. The Voice. The fun interplay between the judges often overshadows the music, which is fine with me.
10. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. On Amazon Prime TV. Too blue for Ceil.
HM: The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. Some don’t like him. I like him better than the other hosts, though James Corden is a ball of energy.
That new show Whiskey Cavalier looks good. We might start watching, though those 10 pm starts are killers.
We started to watch Manifest but lost interest. Same with The Good Doctor.