Monday, February 11, 2019

Pebble Beach

Watch any of the Pebble Beach tournament? It’s always one of my favorites. Had to convince Ceil that Ho-sung Choi was actually a professional golfer and not an amateur.
Saw a Masters umbrella. Fun watching Bill Murray, Wayne Gretzky, and Ray Romano. Larry the Cable Guy and Miss America 2015 Kira Kazantsev made the cut.
Greg Kinnear and Darius Rucker were struggling in the elements, but Tony Romo looked good. Didn’t get to see Matt Ryan (below), Aaron Rodgers (top), Andy Garcia, or Larry Fitzgerald.

As usual I have forgotten Friday. Lunch meeting was sandwiches and salad catered by a new place. I’d had a piece of their cake for breakfast. Skipped the cookie. Worked until six and stopped by the bank and Dollar Tree. C and M cooked chicken nuggets in a sweet and sour sauce with stir fried vegetables.
 
Saturday morning small group, then back home to clean out upstairs – tossed out a bunch of socks and loaded up 47 six packs of Cokes from upstairs down into Ceil’s car. Couldn’t carry more than three six packs at a time, so that was at least 16 trips including boxes. Warmed up a slice of leftover pizza for breakfast, then grilled a black bean quesadilla for lunch. Also did some laundry. Ceil grilled boneless chicken tenders with sliced vegetables.
 
Saturday night we Netflixed the movie “The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society” based on the historical novel of the same name. Set in post-WW2 England.

I watched a little of the Atlanta/Orlando football game as well. Same old Legends. If it’s a team from Georgia, Spurrier has their number. Sounds there’s a little disarray in the Legends camp. Didn’t see how Michael Vick would work out as offensive coordinator, and sure enough not long before kickoff it was announced he wasn’t with the team. Saw where David Robinson, Mike Singletary, and other notable figures were at other games. Also saw where lower level tickets are only $6.80.  
 
Drove down to Macon Sunday morning and downloaded several apps on my mom’s phone. Picked up lunch from the S&S Cafeteria with my dad. I had turkey and dressing, grilled onions, and fried okra. Forgot about the squash casserole but did good to pass on the macaroni and cheese. Unloaded all those Cokes, carrying them down to the basement on the far side of the house. I tracked it on my watch, and walked over a mile. Traffic wasn’t bad but I didn’t get home until 9:45.     
 
I am a counter. We have thirty in our sales office, which includes managers, supervisors, salespeople, and clerks. Some work in fabrication, others general line, and some on my customer team. Last month when a customer discontinued a line of business we had to lay off two employees. Now Luke from Fabrication is returning to his previous employer. He will most probably be replaced. A guy from our Norcross plant has replaced the supervisor who quit up in Lavonia. Turnover may seem high but its probably better than many places. On a related note, I almost ran over our human resources manger in the parking lot this morning. It was still dark and he was wearing all black, but I saw him and turned behind him while he stopped to let me go in front of him. Maybe he didn’t know it was me.  
 
Clemson has appealed to reinstate the two players suspended for taking illegal supplements, saying poor manufacturing practices may have caused traces of the banned supplements to show up on tests. I thought this may have been a bigger story than it seems to be.
 
 
Finished my book about Teddy Roosevelt: Lion in the White House. This morning I started on Joe Torre: The Yankee Years.
 
Bleu cheese chips: we got some somewhere, I think at a work lunch out here at the Medlock Tavern, but they didn’t have much on them.

No comments: