Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Super Party

Friday afternoon the Super Bowl party we were set to attend was cancelled. Both hosts were sick. Instead we went around the corner to the Cho’s house with our usual friends (Earharts, Halls, and Nancy Chiles). Also the Clapps, who we’ve met, and the Brasfields, who we hadn’t. The Brasfield’s son had tragically passed away just a couple of weeks ago, so it was good to see them getting out. I was wearing my Brett Farve jersey, so he said “Hey, number four, what was your name again?”   
 
Plenty of food: several kinds of dips, several kinds of chips, veggies to dip, a fancy chocolate cake, soft drinks. I passed on the wings, wine, and beer.
 
As the game was starting we filled in our names on a grid, then Preston drew out numbers and added them on the top (Patriots) and side (Rams). The person whose name was in the box matching the score at the end of each quarter won a prize. Ceil won one quarter: two Falcons glasses.  
 
Not much else went on this weekend. Worked late Friday night. Bought a nice Johnston & Murphy sweater.

Small group Saturday morning, then Kroger. Will tried to get me to help out at last Saturday’s Athletes in Action prayer breakfast at a downtown hotel. Speakers included Tony Dungey and hall of fame lineman Anthony Munoz.

Watched the movie “Downsizing.” Ceil drove to Athens to see Anna, who’d been sick. I did laundry and dishes. Watched the NFL Awards. Missed out on the Groundhog Day marathon.
 
 
Sunday morning JFBC. Forgot to mention: saw Danny Downing on Sunday after church. To save time we park across the street, where JFBC hires off-duty policemen to direct traffic at the crossing. Several people were waiting to cross, and as we walked to our cars I noticed the backpack the guy next to me was carrying. We got to our car and I looked up – I had been walking next to Danny. He’s been letting his hair grow out a little (his hair used to be Marine short).


Lunch at Moxie Burger. Later Ceil went to yoga. I watched the Super Bowl pregame. Anna watched the Super Bowl at home. M worked on Sunday, then went to a work party. W&MC watched the game at David Norman’s house.     
 

Monday: worked until six, made a couple of stops on the way home. I had seen an interesting pair of fashion sneakers last week. Could’ve gone back to get them on Saturday or Sunday but didn’t. Last night they were gone. Didn’t need them anyway. Had black beans and rice for supper. Made mine into nachos. Watched The Neighborhood and the Hallmark Channel, then the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl. What a finish.
 
Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin was at last night’s state of the union address. July will be the 50th anniversary of the first lunar landing. Buzz just turned 89 and appears to be in great shape. He has more hair now than he did in 1969. Several years ago he actually punched a moon landing denier in the face.
 
 
Not sure I told you but after we had been out on Wednesday, on Thursday afternoon I started to feel achy all over. I took a pill and took it easy and was better by that evening.
 
All my cars are running good (knock on wood) but I did get new tires and brakes in January for Ceil’s Honda and Anna’s Subaru. Now Will is having issues with the car he bought from Charles Norman. He was able to squeeze in a round of golf.

Tuesday: worked until almost 6:20. Drove straight home. Lentls, rice, tossed salad for supper. Matthew ate with us and shared his whiskey bbq sauce. Not my favorite. Helped with the dishes, then to the couch to play on laptop and Hallmark Channel.
 
Hot Stove meeting tonight – speaker is the new Gwinnett general manager.
 
Decent article about Bryant Wright announcing his retirement. Based on the facts in the article, the author probably listened to Bryant’s on line video announcing his retirement. Sad that the liberal AJC had to post a picture of Wright giving “an impassioned sermon on gay marriage during morning services June 28, 2015…”
 
 
Had a box of shoes in our attic that I have no idea what happened to. I might have disposed of them but if I did I can’t remember. I have a bunch of MLB batting helmets in the attic as well. Several football helmets too. Ceil wanted to save some of the kids baby clothes and toys. It a mess. I looked for the Super Bowl video that Lang and I made back in the 90’s but couldn’t find it. There’s a good chance it is up in the attic with a bunch of old VHS tapes.   
 
Ran into Glenn Goldsmith last week. Hadn’t seen him in years, perhaps at a choir reunion. He saw me first and recognized me, and I recognized him as well.

No comments: