In an effort to lose weight I will be posting more healthy information, hopefully without becoming repetitive.
Healthy habits, from MensHealth.com:
1. Wake up and stay up. Don’t hit snooze.
2. Drink 16 oz of chilled water as soon as you get out of bed. Boots metabolism for the next 90 minutes. A smaller amount of water has no effect. Helps grow muscles and lose weight.
3. Eat a substantial breakfast.
4. Get your work done.
5. Stay hydrated.
6. Pack your lunch: AM snack of an apple and cheese slices, 500-600 calories of leftovers for lunch, PM snack: protein shake.
7. Exercise: alternate weightlifting and interval training.
8. Regularly review/monitor diet and exercise goals. This will make you more likely to achieve them.
9. Eat your vegetables.
10. Work out even when you’re not in the mood.
11. Cut back on TV.
14. Go to bed early.
Breakfast shake: whey protein, 12 oz black coffee, frozen banana, tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa, walnuts, one cup ice.
Or: a package of instant oatmeal, one scoop of whey protein powder, half cup blueberries.
Things to never write in an email, from www.Vogue.com
1. ”I’m sorry.” Don’t apologize for doing your job, or asking someone to do theirs.
2. “just” weakens a request or opinion.
3. “this might be a stupid question, but…”
4. “if you wants my two cents…” Most people will give you their 3 cents without asking permission.
5. “I may be wrong, but…” Saying this lessens the impact of what you’re saying, before you say it.
6. “does this make sense?” Don’t question yourself – trust yourself instead.