Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Weekend to Remember

 
My thoughts on the wedding? The weekend exceeded my most grand expectations. I cannot stop thinking about it. Wonderful. Sweet. Spectacular. Fun. Mary-Clayton was beautiful and looked perfect in every picture. Will looked great as well. The music was simple, meaningful, timeless, unique, and well-orchestrated – performed by close friends. The OU singers added so much to the wedding, rehearsal, and all the other gatherings. It was great to share the moments with Mary-Clayton, Will, Tom, and Regina.

Will and MC pose in front of the chapel (above) - photobombed by my mother!

At first I was skeptical of the distant Indigo Falls location, but the place could not have been more beautiful. The staff bent over backwards to meet every need, and the facilities were purposely set up with a place for everything. Indigo employees moved the wedding party’s possessions from the chapel dressing areas to the reception hall, so people wouldn’t have to backtrack.  
 
At the reception I was asked a couple of times how I was holding up. I’m not sure how I looked, but I was having the time of my life. The day was long, but fatigue was the furthest thing on my mind. I didn’t want the night to end.

Sure there were imperfections, big and small. An entire section of the ceremony was left out (Pastor Kevin’s charge to the groom), rendering useless hours and days of planning and preparation. Those affected didn’t wave their arms drawing attention to the mistake, stop the proceedings, and start over. As the saying goes, the show must go on.
 
On my blog I am judicious about adding numerous categories, but it has become apparent that I need to add a Mary-Clayton category.

No comments: