Friday, January 13, 2006

Cam Bonifay

I umpired with Cam Bonifay in 1973. His brother Brannon was in charge of umpires at the Little League I had played in. I was turning 15 that year and umpiring was great fun. Brannon was all business, but Cam came in to fill in and he was more fun. He was the first not to wear the balloon chest protector for the 8 & 9 year old games, so the rest of us followed suit.

Have some out-of-towners coming in the weekend. We thought about hitting the aquarium, though we have yet to make reservations. Matthew wants to go to the aquarium for his birthday, so perhaps we can put it off until October. He wants to be a veterinarian and loves animals and Animal Planet. He's cool with going to UGA.

Things have been busy here at work, and promotion/raise prospects aren’t looking good. I need that job with the Hawks or Thrashers, or perhaps Bill Curry will hire me when he gets the job at Tech.

No comments: